Special K Challenge

Options
Has anyone tried the Special K Challenge before? What are the pros/cons of this "diet"? Did you see results - if so, what were they? Any feedback on this would be helpful!

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I stay away from the fad diets. I believe that if we eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, measure/check portion control and don't over indulge in fats/sweets and exercise, you don't need to do these fad diets. Everyone I know always gains the weight back and some....
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you are planning on eating cereal for the rest of your life, go for it. Otherwise, take out the refined sugars from your diet, eat every 2 to 3 hours in the correct portions, eat fresh fruit and veggies, drink your water and exercise. This is a lifestyle change not a diet and it will do you well for the rest of your life.
  • sarahnikki
    Options
    i think it'd get boring after awhile! its not practical in the long term but i'd say if you want to lose a few pounds quickly it could work...
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The Cereal has a lot of high frutose Corn syrup in it, so I stay away from it.
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    Dont do it! Anything you lose you will gain right back.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the above - CRAP - all high fructose corn syrup and no nutrition!! You'd be better off eating an omelette for breakfast.
  • amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback :) Good thing I talked to you all before I decided to give this a try!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from special k products. although they're low cal and it seems appealing at first, there's no nutritional value to their stuff!! and if you pay close attention to the ingredients in their products, you will be appalled!! there's hydrogonated this and that and sugar substitutes sorbitol, and high fructose corn syrup. i'm a bit of a hypocrit i guess because today a had some of the cereal and crackers :embarassed:, but i make sure not to make it an every day thing. i guess i will start out eating more clean tomorrow.
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    I didn't do the "whole" Special K diet meal plans while losing weight but I did supplement in their protein bars and 90 calorie snacks. I still have a protein bar every morning on the way to work to get my body going. I think it is a great way to get in eating every couple of hours while at work and not having to "eat" while working. Some days I would eat the protein bars every couple/few hours (total of 4 bars) and then a sensible dinner. It worked for me.
  • kirstar14
    Options
    I guess this is kinda what I do. I have a slimfast shake in the morning for breakfast if I'm on the go, otherwise I have oatmeal. When I am working I have a special k protein meal bar and some other snack with it, like reduced fat crackers of some sort, for lunch. Then for dinner I make sure to have a well balanced meal with "real" food...lol. It has helped me a lot. I do this along with exercise and have been successful. I like them because I feel like I get my chocolate fix when I eat them. Oh yeah...and WATER WATER WATER :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I did it and lost close to 20 pounds. I wouldn't suggest it, it wasn't so bad but the meal bars and such got kind of boring after a while but I did stray from the diet kind of often. Anyways, only one of the special k cereals that I know of has a good amount of fiber in it, the rest I think have only around 1 gram which is no way to start the day. >< After realizing all that, I just started eating more fruits and veggies and watching labels to lose a few more pounds and now maintain. Ha, I still have quite a few special k meal bars from last year...