Macros

Options
Should i switch my Marcos from 30 carbs, 30 fat, 40 protein TO 40 carb, 30 fat, 30 protein??
Suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Replies

• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    That's what mine are at 40/30/30, works for me for what I'm currently doing.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    suggestions = eat under your TDEE to lose weight.
    She wasn't asking about calories, she was asking about macros.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks girlie! :)
  • shlevon
    shlevon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Should i switch my Marcos from 30 carbs, 30 fat, 40 protein TO 40 carb, 30 fat, 30 protein??

I doubt you'll notice much of a difference either way, honestly, assuming calories are otherwise equal. I say this because the proposed changes aren't all that different. The more important thing is to eat in a way that you feel comfortable with, leaves you full, and that you feel like you can stick to indefinitely.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Options

I doubt you'll notice much of a difference either way, honestly, assuming calories are otherwise equal. The more important thing is to eat in a way that you feel comfortable with, leaves you full, and that you feel like you can stick to indefinitely.
    Thanks for your input!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    That's my percentages....I seem to get the best results based on my specific goals.
    At day's end low carb diets are flawed. I found a good balance.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Right, that was not the question....but for mere weight loss, yes, eat below TDEE, but for optimal health, other considerations are in play.
    Not everybody wants advice on the twinkie/Jim Bean diet where macro's don't matter.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Options
    That's my percentages....I seem to get the best results based on my specific goals.
    At day's end low carb diets are flawed. I found a good balance.
    That's what I figured :)
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Experiment. Whatever makes you feel better.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Check this out - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

will go into the formula to figuring out what your proteins, carbs, and fats should be set at.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should ask the OP what she's doing. If she's getting more into weight training...I would think that making sure that you are getting enough protein to help your muscles would definitely matter.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    depends on how many calories you are eating... if you are just starting weight loss then yes... if you have progressed into a leaner stage you may want more protein to carb ratio considering you are eating less calories.

for example im currently gaining weight and my macros are at 45/35/20 CPF... but deep into my cut for the summer time it will look more like 30/40/30 because cals have dropped and protein may rise while carbs lower and fat stays constant..