New Strength Focus - Need Guidance and Support

Options
Hi and thanks for taking time to read this!

With the help of some really great MFP friends, I started losing weight in September 2012. Having been overweight for so long, I thought my goal would be just to drop the weight, wanting to lose about 30 lbs. I wouldn't be thin at that weight, just more healthy. I'm about 2/3 of the way there and already realize that the number on the scale isn't going to make me completely happy. I've decided I want to look GREAT. I apologize if some of you find this selfish but I want my husband of soon to be 25 years (and maybe even his friends) to think "wow, the wife is hot". I've never felt that way but why the heck not now. So, my goals are changing, not only to continue to lose the weight but also to focus on strength training so that as this fat finally melts away, I can be happy in something with a little less fabric than a business suit.

After all that, here's my first favor request. If anyone knows of good books, websites, or other resources with ideas for female strength training, I would appreciate the feedback (besides just telling me to hire a trainer). It's been a LONG time since I've done much for strength training and a lot has changed since my high school days and workouts on the universal gym.

Second favor is I can use all the motivation and support I can get, especially from those of you who have had success in your journey and understand where I'm coming from. I've been overweight most of my adult life so there will be days that I will fall down. I will get back up though and it means a lot to me to have my MFP friends by my side. Please note on the friend requests, I am in the USA so it's helpful for me to have a support network also in the US or Canada so we are in similar time zones. Also, as a busy professional, it's already difficult to balance my work responsibilities with taking better care of me (and having a little time on MFP to catch up) so if you expect me to be the person that posts all day long, I will disappoint you. :-)

Thanks again for "listening". It's Friday and I hear a great workout calling. Take care!

Replies