New from Texas

Options
Hi y'all! I am relatively new and have about 10 pounds I would like to loose. I know it sounds like a small amount, but for me it's a big deal. I have Cerebral Palsy and use a walker to walk. So, this increase in weight is literally slowing me down! Also I am looking for exercises I can do. I basically have no balance so trendy things like Zumba are impossible since I can't move like that! :) suggestions welcome!
Have a blessed night!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Is balance something you can learn with guidance, or is it out of the question entirely?

Can you swim or do water aerobics?

A recumbent bike doesn't require much balance because you are sitting down.

There are a lot of chair exercises, you can sit in a chair and wave your arms around, box, lift weights, etc.
  • Fitmom4boys
    Fitmom4boys Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP! I mainly just lurk on these board for info or recipes etc..but thought I say hey..iam in in Tx too..north of houston! My mom has MS and has trouble with mobilty too...she has done a ton of swimming and water excercises in the past and is now doing light weights in a gym and at home...or what about one of my go to faves, the recumbant ( sitting down) stationary bike...
    Way to go, joining MFP is a great start to meeting your goal!
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Howdy neighbor! Not sure I can help with workout suggestions (with cerebral Palsy, I would recommend a trained therapist :)) but am happy to do what I can for motivation and support. I have found MFP to be a great place with some good people and a lot great ideas.
  • Texgal9816
    Texgal9816 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Evening :flowerforyou:
    Also from Texas and I was thinking the same as mentioned above swimming.