Do you "save" calories for alcohol?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Just wondering if you save your calories for a drink or 2 or do you just not drink all together? I am wanting to have a few glasses of wine tonite while watching the Flyers game!

Replies

• pamgibson
    Options
    LOL I have!! Not sure if your supposed to but what the hey .. I had over 500 to burn so used it for that :):drinker:
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    A glass of wine or two a day is meant to be good for you lol! So I'd say go ahead, it's only the same as someone saving it for some crisps or a treat like that
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ABBBBBSOOLUTELY!! I am now watching my calories more than I ever did and sometimes save them for that very same reason. I am trying to lose weight and have become super conscious of calories. IF I change my lifestyle and cut out things I enjoy- I will not be a pleasant person. It is important that I am still able to go out with friends and not have to micro managed every bite..or sip!. I do some heavy duty planning in order to save my caloires for the "real world"!.
  • patricepeop
    patricepeop Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the wine! I have lost 30 pounds since January 1st and I have not given up wine. I do log it though!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the wine! I have lost 30 pounds since January 1st and I have not given up wine. I do log it though!

Thanks!!!! Glad to hear I can still have my wine and lose it too! LOL!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Definitely! For my 21st, I just burned as many calories as I physically could stand at the gym that morning, then had plenty of extra calories for dinner & partyin'! I only went over about 100! Nowadays, I'm trying to work my way through my "birthday beer" so I just work my calories around and treat it like a snack... if I want a bigger snack I'll eat a smaller snack early on and it's kind of like that with me & my alcohol :happy: Hope that helps!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    DEFINITELY. Sunday my hubby and I planned a date - dinner and a movie. We went to California Pizza Kitchen - appetizer, gourmet pizza and two glasses of wine! We went to the gym earlier that morning and earned every single calorie! Whenever I treat myself I try to earn the calories.

But a little bit of wine every day is actually supposed to be good for you. Once my husband switched to 1 pound a week and got some extra calories he actually started incorporating a glass of red a night!

Have fun!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I do save calories for alcohol!!! Who doesn't want to celebrate every so often?? I don't drink every day, or even every week, because of the high # of calories in booze, but I definitely include all my drinks in my diary and save up extra calories so I can have some fun on the weekends! :)
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I definitely "budget" for any kind of alcoholic beverage. I cut back on what I eat or I exercise more.
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    I rarely ever drink, but I do save calories for my evening ice cream treat. Same thing, really, so go for it!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Me too! I defenitly save for an alcoholic beverage or two every so often, and I always have calories left to burn so why not! It'd be just like indulging in something else! Wine is good for you....and even is a beer or two (low carb and calorie beer is what I stick to though) Have fun :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    so long as you log it, it's all good.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sure, I do!
    :drinker:

And I don't compromise, either. MGD 64 tastes like swill! I like Blue Moon, and it's 171 calories per glass. So yes, I save them for the good stuff. :smile:
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I try to save some for food ;)

(I do try to keep about 1,000 spare if I know I'm going out drinking, but if its going to be a really big night with lots of dancing the calories start coming back into balance ;)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, I don't drink.

When I do drink, it's usually when I'm eating out at a restaurant and have already seriously blown my calories for the day and am having one of those "I just don't care" moments. I can't think of any time I've been "on track" and actually saved calories for alcohol.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I totally do. My friend in college was on weight watchers and those "bonus points" that you get every week basically became alcohol points"... LOL. If i'm planning a night at the bars on Friday or Saturday night, I'll hit the gym or do a longish workout so I don't go over my calories. I also try to stick to lower calorie drinks so I can have more of them :) I'm 23 and just graduated from college, I'm totally in party mode still, but I'm trying to be hot and in shape for picking up guys. A girl has to find a boyfriend somehow :)