Food cravings

Options
Hey guys! Just wondering what you do when your craving for food, is there any special foods that can crub your appetite? Or do you take up certain tasks when that craving happens?

Would love to hear your responses.

Replies

• lkeller95
    lkeller95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know a solution that I've found to be fairly successful is drinking roobious tea (caffeinated or non-caffeinated depending on the time of day) It isn't a "food" but I've noticed that it helps. I usually get a cup in between classes at school and it takes my mind off hunger until lunch.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    I know a solution that I've found to be fairly successful is drinking roobious tea (caffeinated or non-caffeinated depending on the time of day) It isn't a "food" but I've noticed that it helps. I usually get a cup in between classes at school and it takes my mind off hunger until lunch.

Thanks for that. :)
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Gum and/or water.

Sometimes I grab some carrots and celery or an apple for some crunch.

But if I'm really craving something I just eat it :P
  • Zommbunny
    Options
    I drink a tonne of water
    If that doesn't help then I drink a cup of tea or coffee and my cravings are gone...
    If i'm desperate for soemthing sweet then I drink a pint of water with either Just a Dash or a no added sugar dilutting juice added.
    Hope this helps
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • fluffypetal
    Options
    my worst is chocolate and its usually the time when mother nature is calling at that point during the month !! So now instead of having a chocloate bar instead I have a Special K chocolate cereal bar instead. Saves chucking on a load of calories but I am able to then feed my craving and be satisfied.

Annie xxx
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds - sweet or savoury flavoured depending what you are craving.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just drink tea, sometimes have fruit
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When I really want to eat (and don't need to) I go brush my teeth and that usually fixes the problem.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    thanks guys i will try all the recommendations!!!! i've got nothing to lose.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's a placebo or not, but Maca powder seems to help me stop craving ALL processed foods.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Drinking stacks of sparkling mineral water with a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Drinking stacks of sparkling mineral water with a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice.

love that will also try.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have been craving salty snacks... unfortunately I indulged and ate 200 calories of rice chips> What does everyone else do when they have a salty crispy craving?
  • chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    I just bought a couple kinds of hard candies. Have to check the calorie and ingredients. Sugar free candy can be very misleading so check the label facts. I take for instance a cinnamon or Werthers Orginal Sugar Free hard candy, it last a while and get me through the late night sweet craving.