Bright red face!

Options
2»

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same thing and it takes like hour to finally go away once I've cooled down. Even after that my cheeks are a little flushed. Even when I used to work out 9 hours a week I would get that way within the first 10-15 minutes.
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Guys, how I wish you lot all lived near me and we could all go to the same sweaty red-faced gym together and not care!! I hate hate hate it - it happens to me when running outside also - but I think there is nothing for it but to TRY and not be embarrassed. It is good to hear people say it gets better over time - I sincerely hope so!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    me too. not just bright red. BLOTCHY bright purpley-red. I once read that a cold, wet cloth at the back of the neck could help...but I had already stopped caring and never tried.

thank you HypersonicFit for posting that picture!!! totally awesome!

I don't have any experience with the sweat-dust issue, but maybe a routine of regular (weekly?) dry-brushing of the skin could help.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I turn bright red as well. It doesn't bother me if people comment on it, but I can understand how it could. The best thing I can do to motivate you is quote what I read somewhere else:

"If you look good working out, you aren't trying hard enough."

I tell myself all the time when I feel as red as a beet when working out.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy who had the same reaction to any physical activity and he was in amazing shape. We'd hit a club and take an extra shirt for him because he'd be soaking wet 30 min into the evening. He kept his hair cut military short because it would just get soaked. His face and neck would also turn red (not so noticeable in a dark club) and he hated it. Was really self aware and uncomfortable about it. However, he pushed past it and still had a good time since he couldn't do anything about it. My only advice, don't join "that" gym. You know, the expensive fancy one where everyone looks like a movie star, the women are *****y and the men strut. There is noting wrong with that gym if you "fit" the mold but since you already feel self conscious I'd stick to a more laid back gym. JMO.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I turn bright red and sweat buckets. People do stare at me at the gym, but I always imagine it's with admiration of my obvious hard work. :bigsmile:
  • nefbaker
    Options
    Just go in there and kill it. Do your thing, most of us are embarrassing on some level. :wink:

^^ This.
    As an EMT, I tend to run with other EMTs and I do get bright red. You want to talk embarrassing? I was at the end of a four mile run, after having gone horseback riding earlier in the day, and I tripped and fell. I didn't even have time to say "I'm OK" before I had my fellow EMTs calling an ambulance and trying to cut my shirt off to put on EKG stickers. *kitten*. :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I've been the same way since I was a teenager, to the point where my high school teachers would pull me off the track because they were afraid I was going to pass out. For me, it's just a side effect of being pretty pale; I get cherry red when slightly embarrassed, stressed, or angry. Don't let it stop you from joining a gym if you really want to! As far as I know, there's not really any way to prevent or conceal it.

me too! I sweat so badly from my head also, OP, and my entire body gets beet red. It doesn't bother me because I feel like it is proof I am working and I don't care what other people think.
  • kimjohnson72
    kimjohnson72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My face, chest, arms do the same thing! I had one trainer tell me the white stuff was salt from the sweat - dried on my skin.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me, both the color and the sweat. I just wear a sweat band and go with it; if any one says anything, I tell them it's normal for me and go on about my business.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just go in there and kill it. Do your thing, most of us are embarrassing on some level. :wink:

What he said!
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    Ok I haven't seen anyone wear a sweatband since I was a kid. But yet I am intrigued and think it might be a good idea. Where do you get one? And I want to see a pic of someone wearing one, because I'm thinking of them from the 80's and can't imagine how it would look nowadays. I run with a bandana tied around my wrist to wipe my face, but it is totally not absorbant so I'm looking for other options. Thanks!
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    **** 'em! I turn bright red and leave a disgusting pool of sweat wherever I go when I'm training. That's not an exaggeration.... a pool of sweat. I also frequently get explosive nose bleeds when I go for heavy singles. People stare at me and I just think, "say something about it and see what I do to you...."
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    I dated a guy who had the same reaction to any physical activity and he was in amazing shape. We'd hit a club and take an extra shirt for him because he'd be soaking wet 30 min into the evening. He kept his hair cut military short because it would just get soaked. His face and neck would also turn red (not so noticeable in a dark club) and he hated it. Was really self aware and uncomfortable about it. However, he pushed past it and still had a good time since he couldn't do anything about it. My only advice, don't join "that" gym. You know, the expensive fancy one where everyone looks like a movie star, the women are *****y and the men strut. There is noting wrong with that gym if you "fit" the mold but since you already feel self conscious I'd stick to a more laid back gym. JMO.

I like going to "that" gym and scaring the siht out of everyone