Water

Options
13»

Replies

• blueyezfem
    blueyezfem Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your help I am going to try some of your suggestions hints and tips x:smile:
  • ebazz2334
    Options
    Add a flavoring to it, such as Mio or Crystal Light lemonade. It helps.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone

Has anyone got hints or tips on how to get eight glasses of water down every day. This is such a chore for me.:smile:

Measure out your favorite cup. if its 16 oz or more, perfect. If not, find a cup that is 16 oz or more and make it your favorite cup. I have one that is 24 oz. Every time before I eat anything. Snack, Meal, Treat, whatever... I fill up that cup and either drink it immediately before, or during my food. I usually get up to 20+ cups of water a day doing this. It also helps you feel full faster with whatever food your eating which will help with potential binging/overeating.
  • crystalmatney84
    Options
    I have a 20 oz bottle that I carry with me, and everytime I am thirsty I just drink what I have. I don't allow myself to buy pop or have pop in the house. That way I am not tempted. Also try drinking a glass of water before each meal. Good luck.
  • bethany41h
    Options
    Water is certianly not a myth and VERY important to your health. It very much effects my weight if I do not drink enough water. I happen to love water and do WELL over 8 glasses so I am not great with advice for this. But, at my local grocery store they have a water jog that you can fill with the amount you should get every day -- it is 8 glasses in the jug. I think it's helpful in helping you to know whenyou have met your water minimum. My husband isn't a water drinking and it really helped him to know how much he was getting.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Exercise! I NEED water when I exercise, I get so tired and sweaty my body just craves water. I don't in particular 'like' water but my body craves it! So I drink it!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    The 8-glasses-a-day suggestion is a bit of a misnomer since it includes water from all sources, not just plain drinking water. So the water in your food and other beverages counts toward the total. I personally don't have any issue drinking far more than eight glasses in a day because I don't drink anything other than water (save for a couple cups of coffee).

I would agree with the other posters about having a water bottle with you. If it's readily available, you'll be more likely to remember to drink it (as opposed to having to think about drinking it, then getting up, filling a glass, and actually drinking it).
  • nicolewood415
    nicolewood415 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it's suggested to drink half your body weight in ounces a day. I most often try to drink as much of it as I can (not always reaching my daily goal of 70 ounces) instead of drinking high calorie drinks. I don't always drink that much, but I think it's good to have a goal for it. Your body can tell when it needs water, so just listen to what your body is telling you.

For awhile I was using the Wal-Mart brand of crystal light packets to add to a water bottle. They're only around 10 calories a packet, so you're not drinking calories like you would be drinking soda or juice. I also think drinking tea (hot or cold, not sweet) is a good source of water plus you get the health benefits of the tea, too.
  • Abztract1
    Options
    If water gets boring, you can always add some Mio water enhancer to it. They come in a variety of flavors and you actually forget that it's water. The entire 8 cups of water per day is a bit misleading. You have to keep in mind that some of the foods we eat already has water in them. Now, YES, water keeps you hydrated throughout the day (by the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated), it helps in speeding your metabolism (drinking ice cold water will help you burn calories by your body using energy to warm the water in your stomach), and you should drink plenty of water. Especially if you are exercising. But I looooove water.