Exercise and large boobs

Options

Replies

• cbrumadge
    Options
    Thanks for that Enell tip!
    Try doubling on sport bra.
    Like a lighter one that as more compression as you don't want to screw up your ribs or lungs.
    I'm often around trans folk and I know what doubling up or over doing it with compression shirts, especially while doing sports can ruin your rib cage.
    Have you tried the Enell sports bra? A lot of big chested girls and gender non-conforming folks swear by that one.
    www.enell.com
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try looking at the Title 9 website. They have the most amazing sports bras. They probably can help
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What is the best thing I ever have done for myself? Breast Reduction Surgery. I say that without any hesitation, even having had a somewhat complicated healing process because I'm allergic to dissolvable stitches. I won't say the process was easy, because it wasn't. I have never had more pain in my life. But it was soooo worth it in the end. Plus, my health insurance paid for it.

That being said, I strongly suggest going to a good bra shop and being properly fitted for a sports bra. Buy the best one they have. If you have to, you can double them up. Be prepared to spend some real money on the bra. When you try it on, jump around and jog in place until you find something that is providing the level of support you feel you need.
  • Zampa13
    Zampa13 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My sister has very large breasts and also had trouble with running and other sports and trying to 'hold them down' so to speak...
    She went to a proper bra fitter and they recommended some excellent sports bras which hold everything down.

She has also taken up swimming and sea diving as she said the stain on her back from trying to run was very painful...
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Freya is the best brand you will find. Add a tight-fitting "figure control" tank top over a good Freya support bra and you'll be fine.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am a DD and I thought I was having an issue! I'd say try working out at home if it helps at first and as you lose your chest will go down! For now I'd reccommend a sports bra and a reg bra!
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Wow! I am a DD and I thought I was having an issue! I'd say try working out at home if it helps at first and as you lose your chest will go down! For now I'd reccommend a sports bra and a reg bra!

Ah bless. I remember being a DD. I was about 14 at the time.... My back size goes down with my weight but not cup size. When I lost weight once before, someone asked me if my bust had got bigger...
  • natty_y
    natty_y Posts: 14
    Options
    My size is very close to yours. Always buy a bra with an underwire. Nordstroms has amazing bras and now I almost exclusively buy from them. Also, 'Linda the Bra Lady' (google it) has great bathing suits and bras in all sizes.

I also find that the elliptical, stationary bike and rowing machines are great for exercise without high-impact. And I think you should go to the gym - I do and I don't give a *kitten* about what anyone else thinks. I just put on my music and do it!
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your replies :)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm 34f. Cannot recommend the shock absorber range highly enough.

Not a single jiggle ever, even when running.

They come in different levels of support for different sports so if you go for the highest level running bra you should be fine.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Motivated_Mom_4
    Options
    I'm a 38 DDD/F and for my workouts I usually wear 2 regular underwire bras for support, not sports bras. Between 2 supportive bras and a tight fitting shirt to work out in, it works well for me.
  • auburngrad92
    Options
    As a bra fitter of 15 years and owner of my own shop for eight years I understand your frustration. Have you been to a speciality boutique to be fitted? The Freya underwire active is probably on of the best for high impact excercise. As you have lost weight it sounds as if your shape has changed and I would recommend a re-fit. Panache has a new sport bra as does Royce. If you are in the Atlanta area there are 2 shops here that can help you one being mine. I can help you find a speciality shop if you can give me your general location. I swear by a good sports bra. I ride, golf and go to the gym so I walk the walk.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine how uncomfortable and painful that must be, even as someone with a small bust, I find it painful to jog or run without any support right now.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You may want to try out an elliptical trainer or a stationary bike. It is a good way to get some hard cardio done but it is also non-impact.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was a 36G, now a 36DD, I'm guessing. I went to a boutique and got fitted. I second the Enell sports bra.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was 34H when I started. 32G now at my goal weight. I use the Freya Active as my regular everyday bra--I walk a lot and like being comfortable all day every day. I second the enell sports bras for higher impact activities--I've been using them for 15 years and I'm on only my third set of two in all that time. They aren't "cute," and some people complain that they are hard to get into, but I haven't found that to be a problem. I *love* them. I can do jumping jacks, plyo jumps, anything...and *nothing* will bounce or move. Can't recommend them enough.

Regarding reduction surgery: if your back doesn't hurt and they don't get in the way of functioning in your day to day life, you don't need it! Don't listen to the peanut gallery that hears "J" cup and thinks OMG. Geez people. At a 28 band size, J cup isn't that huge in circumference--probably 38." I'm sure many of you have that bust measurement. Cup size is a function of the difference between bust and "under bust" (rib cage) measurement. Each letter of cup size = roughly 1" measurement difference. A large cup size doesn't necessarily mean you have to carry the girls around in a wheelbarrow.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster that a 28J is not huge! I have a similar cup size (bigger band) and am not huge. However, it's definitely big enough to cause problems with bouncier activities so I'm reading this thread with interest.

I'm a big fan of the new Panache sports bra. It's great for everyday wear, really comfortable and gives a good shape, but unfortunately, it's not great for high impact activities. I'm looking for a bra or bra top which provides more compression, but they are difficult to get in larger cup sizes.

Karint74, what size of Enell do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use Enell size 0, with these measurements: bust 35.5", under-bust 28." I was a little worried that it would be too tight, but it's fine! The fabric has enough stretch (not a lot, though) to accommodate a range of measurements.