ALCOHOL

Options
124»

Replies

• ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i do it very rarely. but im also one of those that if im gona drink i am gona have fun doing it. so most of the time i have to plan it around my eating...and even then a night of drinking really messes with the scale. first down then up up up. ive just found it best to save drinking for super special occasions. and i honestly dont miss it.
  • amarna13
    amarna13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hate beer so that's no issue. I don't drink very much to be honest. Maybe two or three times a week before I started counting calories and even then only one sometimes two drinks max. Now I will have one drink (usually wine) once a week and call it good, I just work it into my calorie count for that day. I like alcohol too much to go completely without but I don't need a lot of it and I hate the feeling of getting drunk so I've never drunk in excess which probably makes it easier for me to limit it.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Idontthinkineedacuphanna.gif

My drunk kitchen is awesome!
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    Well, considering I drink once a month or less... I don't need to cut it out. Whenever I do drink, I will either make room for a glass or two, or I just make it a cheat day and have pizza and wine. I normally don't have more than 2 or 3 glasses per month. No big deal for me.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 10 to 12 pints a day...I have since moved to only having a few on the weekends, and occasionally binge drinking ( yeah , yeah...alcoholism..blah, blah, blah...I have heard the speech a few times )
  • 62texan
    62texan Posts: 13
    Options
    I have definitely cut down, even though I wasn't a huge drinker before. I do like wine, so now will just have an occasional glass. I do feel better when I don't consume it.
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I used to binge drink a lot and I used to weigh a lot. I cut out alcohol for a few months and rapidly lost weight. I was able to maintain for a couple years even binge drinking by eating horrifically little the next couple days. I was not super healthy. I decided to cut out alcohol again until St. Patrick's Day. This is very ambitious for me, because all my friends work in the Irish Pub across from my apartment. The last time I drank was on NYE, and after just a couple drinks I felt ill. I continued to fill sick the next couple days, and I haven't even felt a need or desire to drink--even when the Bengals lost last week. I went to the bar last night to hang out with my friends and ordered a soda water with lime. People assumed I was having my usual gin and tonic, and I had a drink in my hand. Win-win, and no lost calories.

If you do want a real drink, try Guinness. It has around 11 calories per ounce and fills you up fast, since it has a heavy taste. Remember, clear liquor generally has fewer calories, and use diet pop(if you must) or soda water!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Good luck prying my craft beers out of my hand.
  • BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I went to dinner last night and ate pretty well but then I drank 2 drinks that were 365 calories each. I felt so guilty that I went back to my friends house and we worked out to burn off some of the calories.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I could never cut it out. Admittedly I have one a day! I just choose the lowest-calorie options (vodka & Fresca is my favorite, with a splash of light OJ). I'll exercise more/eat a little less on days when I know I will be getting together with friends, etc. It's all about moderation. If you could eliminate alcohol completely and be OK with it, then I think that's great. But this is a lifestyle change, so you have to be able to tweak your habits to what works for you.