OT (mom moment again) - I LOVE this!!!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I love it when I finish with my work-out at the gym, go to the daycare to pick up my son...and see him playing happily. He does this thing where he sort of sucks in or bites his lower lip a bit when he is focused on the toy he has. Today it was a bank with plastic money to put in the top that falls through the little trap door thing. He was so into doing it....

THEN...I think he sensed I was there..and his head pops up and he starts looking around and sees me and gives me the biggest smile.

I mean, is there anything better in life????? Seriously???

:love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love:

-Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I love it when I finish with my work-out at the gym, go to the daycare to pick up my son...and see him playing happily. He does this thing where he sort of sucks in or bites his lower lip a bit when he is focused on the toy he has. Today it was a bank with plastic money to put in the top that falls through the little trap door thing. He was so into doing it....

THEN...I think he sensed I was there..and his head pops up and he starts looking around and sees me and gives me the biggest smile.

-Tami
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Only when it is followed by them running up to you screaming mommy, mommy, we missed you!!!!!!!!
  • BigCityKittyz
    Options

-Tami

:heart: TREASURE THOSE MOMENTS GIRL......cuz pretty soon.....he'll be "diggin" moo-lah out of YOUR bank!.....LOL!......:laugh:

*(whuh....Boo?.....erhhh....yeah....here ya go son....another $50 for gas....be careful.....love ya......and bring me back a Starbucks Carmel Machiatto!)

With a 18 & 16 year old....I be POOR! :sad:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Only when it is followed by them running up to you screaming mommy, mommy, we missed you!!!!!!!!

OMG!! my absolute FAVORITE part of my day!! My son comes out from whereever he is playing and runs to me at full speed! Happiness is....:heart:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yea but after the are grown and come back and tell you that youre the best cook and a good mommy ..and they bring home their grandchildren for you to spoil without responsiblility:heart:
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options

That's what melts my heart. There is absolutely nothing better in the world!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    That is one of the bestest feelings in the world!

Great mommy moment Tiramisu!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    No, nothing better. My six year old is learning how to read, last night he read me a whole book all by himself, with no help from me!! I am so proud!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awwwwww!!!:heart::heart: :heart: nothing better!!!....nothing!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Yea but after the are grown and come back and tell you that youre the best cook and a good mommy ..and they bring home their grandchildren for you to spoil without responsiblility:heart:

I don't have the grandchildren part but I'm with ya there on the coming back for your cooking and a good parent :love:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Those are the moments that make it all worth it!! My oldest girl is an "artist" and one day she gave me a simple brown paper heart with this written on it:

Dear Mama,
    This is what we have (you and me) a brown heart. A brown heart is the best, rather nice and really sweet. Was really special, now better than ever.
    Love,
    Shel

(She's 9). I carry it in my wallet with me all the time.

The things kids say/do!! (I knew there was a reason kids are so darn cute - otherwise most of them would not make it to adulthood, :laugh: !)
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I love reading these posts because it brings me back to the day when they freely showed their love and affection - Now that they are teens you don't get to 'feel the love' although I'm sure its there sometimes I think they hate us!!
  • Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    sooo cute:smile: i can not wait for my daughter to get a little older!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am NOT looking forward to the teen years :frown:

I have two girls (9 and 7) and one son (3) - in a few years, it's going to be chaos in my house :laugh:
    I love reading these posts because it brings me back to the day when they freely showed their love and affection - Now that they are teens you don't get to 'feel the love' although I'm sure its there sometimes I think they hate us!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Bumpin this because it's happy reading..let's get into our happy world again everyone!! :)
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My wittle wittles is sleeping.....ssshhhh. She is teething already at 4 months old and quite the wittle miss crabby pattie....ohhhh sorry still talking jibberish *sigh*
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

-Tami

So miss that age. My son is now 17. But I still have all the memories LOL
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I still get the happy greeting when I get home. Daddy (top of the world)
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love to watch my boys sleep. They are so peaceful and innocent when they are still and quiet. I go in their room every night before I retire myself and look at them, retuck their covers if they need it and whisper night-night!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I love to watch my boys sleep. They are so peaceful and innocent when they are still and quiet. I go in their room every night before I retire myself and look at them, retuck their covers if they need it and whisper night-night!!

I do that with my son all the time. I just love his little face when sleeping! MAN....makes my heart melt!