advice on my food dairy !

Options
can someone judge mine ? ( i saw someone else post this and i think it is a great idea) .. one thing i ask is please dont be mean ! i can take constructive criticism but not rude ! =) please and thank you !

Replies

• foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You need to make it public under settings. I can't see it.
  • brizforthewin
    Options
    changed it its public now!
  • foleyshirley
    Options
    I am truly hoping you are kidding. I think you need to see a doctor or professional. You are not eating anywhere near enough.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Seriously? You are undereating to a very worrying extent. Do YOU think your diary shows a healthy intake?
  • shan2684
    Options
    i cant complain, im also trying to keep my calories under the 500-600 range. i wont pick u apart. i had 700 calories yesterday and i wanted to puke when i realized how much i had. i have a ton to lose though and i wont get sick as fast as you will. be careful
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    There is not enough food listed to keep a 2 yr old healthy. Seriously 1 g of veggie?
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Either your not eating enough or your not logging all your food. You need to be hitting your calorie goal rather than eating as little as possible.

Your trying to lose 15 pounds which is a fairly small amount so the healthiest was would be to set MFP to 'loose 0.5 pounds a week' and then eat to those numbers. Otherwise you will loose lean body fat and wreck your metabolism.
  • Bex_Duffy
    Options
    im new to this and i can see you're way under eating, i would suggest doing some research and you will see that u can eat way more than you think u can. your gonna do more harm than good eating this amount.
  • ReddRidingHood
    ReddRidingHood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    um..Wow..you are not consuming nearly enough calories. You are putting your body into starvation mode and it will start to use your muscle for energy and store fat. Your end result will be possibly lighter but eventually plateauing on the scale and a flabby, weak body. I'm sure that's not what you are going for. Eat more balanced and stop drinking coffee in place of meals. I think you could find some major insight to your body type on the blogs about going from Skinny Fat to Skinny Fit.
  • foleyshirley
    Options
    i cant complain, im also trying to keep my calories under the 500-600 range. i wont pick u apart. i had 700 calories yesterday and i wanted to puke when i realized how much i had. i have a ton to lose though and i wont get sick as fast as you will. be careful

In all honesty, this in NOT normal, and you need to speak to a professional. You will be much better off if you do. You need to feed your body. It is the only one you have, even if you are not happy with it right now. I think logging may actually be bad for you right now. Please eat. Food is not the enemy.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You must eat more.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the majority of responses on here. You are not eating nearly enough. In addition, looking at your photo you do not really look to have any weight to lose, you already look very slim. Please take care of yourself and maybe seek help from your doctor x
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    to be honest and blunt eating so little you are putting yourself at risk , your body NEEDS more just to function , all your organs are going to stuggle to perform there daily tasks , your so young and you dont want to damage your body rushing to loose some weight
  • healthyskinnystrong
    Options
    You definitely need to up your calorie intake. I would aim closer to 1400. I know it sounds scary, but it is really worth it. I think you should also try and get a more substantial breakfast, maybe porridge with berries or toast with eggs and a banana? If eating a lot at meal times is hard, maybe try to eat snacks in between like nuts or dried fruits. Try and eat lots of healthy fats and protein, you definitely need to start eating more. Good luck c: x
  • brizforthewin
    Options
    okay i understand but if i now up my calorie intake wont i gain weigh not loose?
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It's not a competition to see who can consume the fewest calories. It's not even a goal to try to eat as few calories as possible. The goal on this site is to eat the number of calories that will keep your body functioning properly without harm. Not too far over, not too far under. That low of a calorie intake for an extended period of time can lead to problems such as hair loss, skin changes, heart arhythmia, loss of bone density, loss of muscle strength, and other things. Being healthy is the goal.
  • caseyg9888
    Options
    Have fun going into cardiac arrest when you lose all your LBM and your body turns to your heart for energy. =)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I can only hope that you are just not logging everything. This isn't even borderline eating disorder, it's basically already in effect. You need more food or some really not-fun things are going to start happening very soon.

I mean, if you don't mind your hair falling out and stuff..
  • foleyshirley
    Options
    okay i understand but if i now up my calorie intake wont i gain weigh not loose?

Some do initially, but much of it is water, and it will reverse itself. You may not gain. Some of it depends on how long you have been eating this low. But don't let that stop you. Because what you are doing now is unhealthy and even dangerous. No amount of weight loss is worth what you are doing now. Eat more.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    More fruits and veggies and lean protein. Less processed food. Drink lots of water.