Chicken Recipes Please?

Options
2»

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I am sooo looking forward to making chicken now!! Yummy!
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My new favorite chicken recipe is one I created.

Take about 1lb of chicken, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 cup wild rice (dry), 1 cup brown rice (dry) and about 4 cups of water/broth.

Put it all together in the crockpot - let it cook on low for about 8hrs or high for about 4-6hrs. Shred the chicken when it is cooked all the way through and mix it back in. Makes about 6-7 servings (I use a scale and weigh out servings to be about 15oz - it's a lot but it keeps me full for awhile.)
  • JJMcFlur
    Options
    We make chicken fajitas and use large romaine lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. It's become one of our favorite meals. :)

I also agree about checking out pinterest.com. Be prepared to be addicted! ;)

what a cool idea, using lettuce instead, that would totally cut down your calories! i am doing that from now on!!!!
  • Jessica1831
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are huge fans of this easy and cheap recipe from skinnykitchen.com

http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-hot-and-spicy-chicken-legs/

Hope you like it too. :)
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh man do I got this:

Creamy Cucumber chicken (makes 6 servings)
    1-1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
    4 medium green onions (diced)
    3 teaspoons dried mint flakes
    ½ teaspoon ground cumin
    ½ teaspoon (white or black) pepper
    300g/1cup grated cucumber (seeded)
    2 teaspoons white sugar (optional)
    Jasmine rice (1/4cup dry= one serving of about 180 calories, you decide how much to cook.)
    1. Preheat oven to 350F
    2. Cut chicken breasts so that there are 6 pieces of about equal size. Wrap each piece in tin foil (to keep the chicken moist and put on a baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 20-30 min or until done.
    3. Wash rice twice to get rid of dust, then measure out 1 part rice to 1.5 parts water. Bring water with rice to a boil with a pinch or two of salt. Let simmer on low for 15-20 min or until water is gone.
    4. Mix yogurt, onions, spices, and grated cucumber together and split into 6 portions. Refrigerate until chicken is ready.
    5. Pour sauce over chicken and eat with rice.

Chicken is about 170 calories per serving with 1/6 the sauce
    Rice is whatever the calories are on the bag.

Feta and Roated Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken
    Makes: 6 servings Serving Size: 1 4oz chicken breast Prep Time: 30 minutes, Cook time: 30-60 min. Total time: About 1-1.5 hours depending on how fast you work

6 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs)
    16oz jarred roasted red peppers, finely chopped
    4 oz feta cheese
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tsp Lemon Pepper
    1-2 tablespoons paprika
    2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
    Salt to Taste
    Tooth picks
    Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap (or just pound it on a cutting board); flatten to 1/4 inch thick using a meat tenderizer. Set aside. [Warning, chicken may explode before flattening]
    3. In a medium bowl combine roasted red peppers, goat cheese, lemon pepper, parika, and garlic. Spread 1-2 tbsp or whatever fits of this mixture on one side of the pounded chicken breast. You will have left overs. Roll breast and secure the seam with a toothpick. Repeat procedure for remaining 3 chicken breasts.
    5. Coat a medium glass or ceramic baking dish with a lid with cooking spray and place chicken in dish seam side down.
    6. Mix corn starch into the remaining cheese/pepper mixture. (If the corn starch gets lumpy, mix it with enough water to get a very milky white liquid and then mix into the mixture). Pour the cheese/pepper mixture over your chicken breasts. It will become a sauce once the chicken breast release some water in the cooking process.
    7. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
    6. To serve, remove toothpicks.

Per serving: About 186 calories, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 26g protein
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Tarragon Leek Chicken

I get about 120-150 cals a serving

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
    1 cup sliced leeks (about 2 medium)
    ¾ cup evaporated skimmed milk
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1½ teaspoons chopped fresh or ½ teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
    1 teaspoon cornstarch

Spray 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook chicken breast halves in skillet over medium heat for 12 to 14 minutes, turning once, until juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.

Cook leeks in skillet about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Mix remaining ingredients; stir into leeks. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir about 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; heat through. 4 servings
  • missa0208
    Options
    bump !
  • louisvillejg
    louisvillejg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My family and friends really like it when I make cheesy chicken tacos (We use lettuce leaves as tortillas...but you can use reg tortillas if you can afford the carbs!)

2 chicken breasts
    No fat cream cheese
    can of black beans
    1 bell pepper any color chopped
    1/2 med onion chopper
    quarter cup salsa
    taco seasoning to taste
    1 tbsp oil (I use veg oil - I think coconut has less calories, but it is way expensive)
    Big romaine lettuce leaves

Sit cream cheese out about an hour - hour and a half before you want to cook

I boil 2 chicken breasts in water for 30 min
    While it is cooling off, I heat up a skillet to med high
    Put in oil, bell pepper, and onion
    Cook for about 5 min- until softened
    Turn skillet to low- as low as you can and still have it on
    Dump in beans
    Dump in cream cheese
    Stir
    Dump in Salsa
    You may have to add a couple teaspoons of water if it is too thick
    Keep on low while you shred or chop your chicken
    Dump chicken into skillet

Heat through all the way and viola! It is super de duper.

Like I said, we use lettuce leaves to eat ours usually, but every once and a while we use tortillas. The beans are carbs enough for my diet, so tortillas are treats :P

My hubby adds shredded cheddar on his, but I don't, and it is cheesy and delish.

And sauce of choice is chalula.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The other chicken recipe I Love is Spinach feta chicken breast.

butterfly chicken breasts

Sautee in a pan sprayed with pam - 1 or 2 cups of fresh chopped spinach, 2 tablespoons of chopped onion, 1 garlic clove minced.

then mix with crumbled reduced fat feta cheese and chop some kalamative olives - mix all together and stuff the chicken breasts.

place in baking dish sprayed with non stick spray and bake for 30-40 minutes until internal temp of chicken is 165 degrees F.

Hope you like it.

^^^^ Cooked this tonight. Soooooo good! :love:
    Toss 2-4 chicken breasts in crock pot. Add 2 c salsa of your choice, 1 can black beans (drained) and frozen corn (anywhere from half to whole bag). Cook on low 6-8 hrs.

Serve over brown rice.

I take the chicken out at the end and shred. I have also added green chiles and a little shredded cheese when you plate it up. Yummy and filling!

^^^^ Throwing this in the crock pot in the morning! :smile: