Looking for some new breakfast ideas!

Options
fanarad
fanarad Posts: 97 Member
Hey all, I feel like I need some new ideas of what to eat for breakfast in the morning that is low-carb but high in protien. I usually eat two eggs and fruit and sometimes a slice of toast (if it's a super active day) but am getting bored of that. Any ideas?

Replies

• BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit mixed in. It keeps me full until lunch usually. If I am hungry mid-morning, I have a piece of string cheese.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do not know how low carb you do, and what type of fruit or toast you have in the morning to compare. But, I like this recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/fiesta-lime-rice.html and I scramble egg whites and throw it in, in the morning, when I have this left over from the dinner the night before or I make a new batch.
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I had 129 cal breakfast. 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled with 1/2 c. fresh green pepper, and 1 tbls. onion topped with
    1/2 c. rotal diced tomatoes, sometimes i add 2% cheese. I got that new green fry pan (the one uses no oil or butter) for christmas, and I love it to cook my chicken also.
  • gloryweissert
    Options
    IV BEEN EATING EGG WHITES WITH MUSHROOMA AND SPNACH..OH MY ITS SO GOOD
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    For variety and high protein, I'll sometimes eat "dinner" for breakfast...especially when it is leftover from the night before! Think steak or salmon for breakfast...YUM!!!
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    These ideas are great! I have been thinking bout a new breakfast too....not exceeding fond of eggs unless they are fried, but I will try these and hopefully I can revive my breakfast routine:)
  • ratts82
    ratts82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How about cheese omelette, with fresh tomatoes and mushrooms in for low carb - slice of toast with it if you're busy!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I really like the Fage 0% with frozen fruit mix and do it regularly.
    I also eat eggs and bacon often
    What about grilled fish for breakfast? I really enjoy it once in a while with rice and miso soup but you can cut out the rice.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    How about Quinoa? It's a seed, not a grain, and is a good protein source. Google "Breakfast Quinoa" for recipes.
  • dadeys1
    dadeys1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love a Breakfast Bagel on the weekends when I have time to make them..

Thomas - Bagel Thin - Plain Toasted, 1 bagel 110 cal
    Fried (whole egg), 1 large 92 cal (or Egg Whites)
    Kraft Fat-Free Singles - American Cheese Slice, 1 slice 25 cal
    Hillshire Farms - Deli Select Smoked Ham, 2 ounces 60 cal

Total: 287 cal
  • minmin3
    Options
    I just tried this recipe I found on Pinterest. It's good protein and veggies, and you can adjust the cheese how you like. I used a reduced fat Colby jack. http://recipedude.com/recipes/fasteasybiscuits.html
  • minmin3
    Options
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I make a huge omelette. about 285 calories, 49 grams of protien, 13 carbs, 5 fat

8 oz eggbeaters
    3 slices costco jones farm canadian bacon
    1 serving Jimmy Dean - Hearty Sausage Crumbles (Turkey) (57g)
    Topped with 4 TBSP my favorite salsa

Add cheese if you please but that ups the calories and fat obvioulsy
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    This is my breakfast. Basically an open omelette.

AACF88DB-0ACD-4A0F-849A-829F2D15214F-23703-00001CC38BB971B0.jpg
  • jmkrt
    jmkrt Posts: 14
    Options
    Maybe some smoothies. You can try making your own or buying them already done. I especially love the Arthur's Smoothies. The green energizer one will probably give you a boost of energy.
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Try refrigerator oatmeal. There are many varieties and to put it together the night before So it is ready when you walk up in the morning