Buddies over 60

Options
124»

Replies

• debbluebird
    Options
    Happy Weekend everyone. I have figured out a few things during this past week. I completed a week of water aerobics, which is huge for me. I went kicking and screaming on the first day. All these years I refused to go to the pool. I do think it helps now, that I'm no longer working. I've logged on 10 days in a row. I feel that is a very good start. And lastly I have found many good people here to help with my journey here. Thank you all for your support.

DEB
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and just getting started here. Feel free to friend me. We can figure this system out together!
  • debbluebird
    Options
    I guess I've lost a few days. I am back on track today with the help of everyone here. I have found wonderful people. Anyone who is reading this thread for the first time, if you stick around you will find them too.

DEB
  • regna52
    regna52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Buddies Over 60!

I am 61 and have over 100 pounds to lose. I am SO ready for this! I look forward to checking in here to read all your comments and support for one another!

Good luck to us all!!

Reggie
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    <--54 but feels like 64, that count? =)
  • CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am 70
  • Ella543
    Ella543 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I am 62 and have just this minute joined the site and am looking around trying to find my way. Feel free to friend me.
  • sixtyonetwq
    Options
    Oh Yea, I am there but don't feel it, ha. Hope you are having a great day and are on a losing course with weight.
  • sixtyonetwq
    Options
    Hi Reggie, I have a goal of losing 100lbs also. I am stalled at minus 38 right now but am working hard to get to minus 39, ha. I am having a good time watching what I eat and not feeling deprieved; how nice, huh. I like this low carb stuff. Hope all goes well with you.
  • debbluebird
    Options
    I see that a few new people have arrived. All are welcome. This is not always easy, but I like the challenge. I am finding that the people here are mostly wonderful. I have my ups and downs. I have never been one to start a plan a be able to stay on it all the time. Now it's even harder than it used to be. I'm on two medications that make me hungry all of the time. I have joined the pool and I'm going to water aerobics three times a week. I also bought some stretch bands and doing them as I am able. Good luck to everyone. DEB
  • yonky50
    yonky50 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started (2nd week) and enjoying it even though I haven't lost much yet. I'm 62 and need to lose 50 pounds but will settle for 25. Dr says not to expect to lose more than 1/2 pound a week because of medications but I'm hoping to double his expectation. Retired 2 yrs ago, moved out of state and have become sedentary and gained 20 pounds. Need to motivate myself to become more active.
  • bbodzenski
    bbodzenski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im 61 and need all the help I can get
  • linda6032
    linda6032 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 and think I am fit and healthy, but in fact I do have health problems like being overweight that I really need to tackle. I've lost about 35 pounds, and see a tremendous improvement in the arthritris in my knees and feet. But I hit a plateau and started maintaining, but no more losing. Need to lose another 35 pounds -- or maybe more -- and get more active. Last year I could walk to our mailbox and back. I have worked on that and this year I can do more than 6 blocks. But I used to be able to do a lot more than that. I am still working on it. Would like to be part of this group.:smile:
  • debbluebird
    Options
    Mondays are always great. It's the begining. It's sunny in Colorado today. I feel pretty good and will be going to water aerobics today. DEB
  • debbluebird
    Options
    I read a story last night, about two old women. This is the short version. Their Alaskan indian tribe had abandoned them. It was winter and everyone was hungry. They couldn't afford to feed the two old women. The two old women understood, but as they were sitting there after the tribe left they looked at each other and said, we aren't ready to die. It was hard for them to walk, move, etc. Their joints hurt, but they got up and began to gather fire wood, set traps for food and secured their shelter. At times they didn't know how they would go on, but they did. They had decided that they would rather die trying than just sit there trying to die. As it turned out, they made it through that winter. In the spring, the summer and following fall, they continued to put food away for the next winter, they made their surroundings better and did everything they could do to ensure their survival. That next winter, the tribe came back. Hard times had continued for the tribe. The tribe had done ok during that summer, but the winter found them cold and hungry again. They decided to look for the two old women. The men found them. They couldn't believe that the women hadn't died. Those two old women had faired better than the tribe. As it turned out the two old women fed the tribe. The tribe promised that they would not leave the old women again and they would honor them.

The book is Two Old Women, by Velma Wallis

DEB
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It just goes to show you that WE old ladies can use are years of knowledge and friendship to accomplish ANYTHING we put are minds to. Nice story Deb !
  • LadyAnaid
    LadyAnaid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm over 60 so you can count me in.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I Will be 62 and have been here over 18 months I log every day, no exception, I have a bad hip and was wary of exercising . I do Just Dance every day between 30 minutes to an hour. 11 days ago I began the Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred, It is hard but I m determined to finish it . If you are committed to logging, try t eat cleanly and give support to your friends, then please friend me, If not dont.