The Peanut Butter + Keyboard Tragedy...Question

Options
Hypothetically, let's say you were enjoying a lovely piece of toast slathered in peanut butter...then, said toast exhibited suicidal tendencies and dived off your plate...landing face down on your daughter's laptop keyboard <because apparently peanut butter toast adheres to the same laws of physics as regular buttered toast>. After wiping off the residual peanut splatter, what would you use to actually clean the keyboard...hypothetically, of course :blushing:

Replies

• vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    tongue?
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    tongue?

It's my daughter's keyboard. Do you ever "really" know where your kids hands have been?
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I would just use some rubbing alcohol on a toothbrush.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Firehose
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    Firehose

Might be a tad extreme. Plus, I think the local firemen are a bit possessive of their hoses.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    shark
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wipe it down with vinegar and water.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Firehose

Might be a tad extreme. Plus, I think the local firemen are a bit possessive of their hoses.

Ok then. . Try just turning it upside down and shaking it really hard.
  • wcalvert254
    wcalvert254 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Most laptop key boards can be removed pretty easily. Just look up how to do so on the manufacturer's website or in the owners manual. Once removed you can easily clean it. Just make sure it is dry before replacing. Rubbing alcohol is a good cleaning medium.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If the keys pop off, do that. Gently use a dull knife to pop off the keys and clean each one individually. I would use a bit of water at first, but because PB is oily, you may need a solution with a bit of dish soap in it. Do the same to the computer sans keys.

If the keys do not come off easily (and DO NOT FORCE them), then you may have to take it to a computer tech store to do the job for you.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Let the PB dry up first. Then use a dry toothbrush to brush it off (preferably upside down or at an angle to prevent PB from getting lodged in keyboard). Then a wet q-tip to remove any residue.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I would use glass cleaner something with ammonia in it.
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    My first thought was tongue....then I decided a wet wipe would work great....maybe a wet qtip
    Options
    i still say shark
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    I do appreciate the serious answers too, thank you! I was really afraid I was going to have to rub down the keyboard with a pot roast in order to get the sharks attention :bigsmile:
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Q-tip, rubbing alcohol.

Take it to best buy?

My boyfriend gets off work in a few hours and he works on computers so i'll ask him.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    No water, no soap. I know that much.

You can also pop the keys of the keyboard off but you have to be very careful doing that.
    Options
    I do appreciate the serious answers too, thank you! I was really afraid I was going to have to rub down the keyboard with a pot roast in order to get the sharks attention :bigsmile:

it's ok - sharks respond well to gentle encouragement :tongue:
    Options
    No water, no soap. I know that much.

You can also pop the keys of the keyboard off but you have to be very careful doing that.

and if you do this, remember to put them back on in the right okace. i mean "place"