Diet Pit Fall.... Coffee!

Options
2»

Replies

• kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<Toal Coffee addict!! I have a hard time drinking it plain, I'm in the same boat I load mine up with creamer and when I get to school I detour to the Starbucks....
  • pattycake118
    pattycake118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would drink coffee all day if it wasn't horrible for my bones. I love my coffee black, and it has to be good quality coffee if you're making the switch from the candy coffee to real coffee. I personally love Guatemalan coffee, but if there is a different region or roast that you love, buy that and start brewing it. Spend some time in the grocery store sniffing the bags and see which ones smell delicious to you.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Try making coffee with a french press. Seriously. It'll taste so much better, and you won't have to doctor it up as much. Coffee isn't supposed to be bitter and nasty, and when it's made properly, it's wonderful. I drink mine black with just 2 tsp raw sugar in it. Even my mom is able to drink coffee black with just a little sugar when made in a french press, and she used to pour tons of vanilla creamer in it.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a large double-double, but cut it to a large regular. Still 110 calories, but if I make it with half and half instead of cream, a large is just 70 calories, even with real sugar. I just make sure I can fit 140 calories of this into my day so I can enjoy two coffees every morning!

Love the french press idea, too. It really does make a great cup of coffee.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    YEP - love my coffee - I was reasonably lucky - never had sugar in it before - so I just had to learn to cut the milk....

I still have one "flat white" - coffee with milk, but then have another one or two "long blacks" - straight black coffee (what you in the US call an americano)...
    It took me around 2 years to really get my head around actually appreciating the coffee without milk - but I got there in the end....

Still better than giving it up altogether ;-)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm not human without coffee. I drink 5/6+ cups a day. I use equal & fat free creamer-22 calories a cup. Drink on!
  • djdube525
    djdube525 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to add a fair amount of Half and half, and then 4-5 equals per medium Americano. Come the new year, I switched to just black coffee - cold turkey.

One thing I've noticed... When I heavily doctored my coffee, I would go through several... Now that I'm taking it just black, I tend to sip more, and it lasts a hell of a lot longer.

Quit diet sodas at the same time... Cravings have been bad some days... But aspartame free for over 2 weeks now... I'll be much happier if I can get through the month.