here I go again...

Options
Aloha! I'm Nahe and I am addicted to unhealthy foods and sleeping for hours on end. Thanks to my good friend Brian H. I am giving this a try. I'm not known to stick to anything good for me so here I go again! Ready for a better me!

Replies

• elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Welcome...you'll find a lot of inspiration here, and we're all trying to change bad habits and better our selves and our lives, too.

You're gonna feel so much better once you find out what makes you tick...

Hope you find lots of threads and posts that will make your journey wonderful!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hulaangel,
    What a great friend to have shared this site with you, you'll be forever indebted. lol

I think sleep is something that we do when bored, eating less than healthy foods or not eating enough. Excercise is a great cure for that and after awhile you'll get to so you can't wait for the next workout.

Glad to have you here, you'll do great, so much motivation here, so many positive ppl to boost us all us.

We love new folks:flowerforyou:

Becca:heart:
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's really a great site! If I'm able to stick to it anyone can!!! Good luck girl! Add me if ya ever want some motivation or just a friend!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    For years, I struggled with energy levels - I felt constantly tired and often napped in the afternoons. I didn't understand how people could make it through the day if they hadn't slept for 9 or 10 hours the night before, like I felt I needed. Then, a couple of years ago, I started thinking about food portions and what I should be putting into my body. I started following a meal plan that introduced vegetables to my diet (which I rarely ate before!) and reduced the amount of bread/starchy foods I was eating. Almost instantly, I had way more energy. I could make it through the day without feeling tired or lethargic.

I still love my sleep and sleep well at nights, but no longer do I struggle through afternoons. I hope you find that a healthy diet will give you the same energy that it's given me and you'll not need to sleep as much.

Good luck!
  • brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    You can do it!!! You're not alone!! got lots of love and support now so you can't fail! Decide that you WON'T fail!! :)

love ya!!
  • hulaangel21
    hulaangel21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the love and support...I feel inspired already!