Anyone just starting the 30 Day Shred?

Options
Hello! Today I started Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred and it basically kicked my butt. I am looking for other ladies who are just starting this workout or who are on any of the levels! I like knowing I am not the only one out there and I don't want to give up just because it is too hard! I want to know you are going through it too and we are sticking it out! I am very encouraging and would love to come along side others in the same boat as me:-) This is my COMEBACK year! Please friend request me if you like!Thanx :-D

Replies

• 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'd quite like to do this but I don't have the dvd! Is it possible to download it?
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you! I did one day last week and it kicked my butt! I'm a little scared of level 2 and 3 will be like.
  • MrsAmyComeback2013
    MrsAmyComeback2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesomee! It's actually on youtube! I believe all 3 levels are there:-) Hope you join us!!! :D
  • HarleyJean2012
    HarleyJean2012 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Haha, I just posted a thing like this. I'm gonna start this tonight. I just joined this website, so feel free to add me. :)
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Going to start it tomorrow, Kind of nervous apparently it's going to be really hard core! Hope it tones up my abs! Excited about the results :)
  • lolobeauty
    lolobeauty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the workout, but not as it is intended. I do different workouts daily. I get bored easily, and I have been keeping my interest following this method. However, I have done the 30 day shred-level I more than any other workout. Sometimes I do the 30 day then follow with another workout. It is working.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did it in October and it really got my body into the best shape of my life, I was lighter and fitter than when I was a teenager! Now I'm doing it again & once again, I'm doing it on non-consecutive days as I go for a jog every second day, or a long walk!
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    im currently pregnant and wish i could do it over again. level 1 does kick ur butt...something your not expecting. myself even did day 1 and took 4 days to get back to it. then i said screw it and after that day went to level 2 for 2 weeks...yes it is hard and intense but somewhat easy compared to all the jumping jacks and i love her moves. i wish the best of luck for all of you
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just bought the DVD today! Both nervous and excited about starting it tomorrow!!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm doing her Ripped in 30 video. I think it's newer than 30 Day Shred but it's supposed to be just as good if not better. I'm not going to use it as intended as someone else mentioned; I'll switch things up so I don't get bored. Plus I've gone from virtually NO exercise to daily exercise in the last two weeks and I need to give those muscle groups a bit of a break. I did week 1 Thursday and then did my best to do a very modified version yesterday as I was in a lot of pain and didn't want to push it. Did some of the easier moves from week 1 again today, along with yoga and tomorrow is a rest day, although I'll probably jump rope and walk. It's tough but you can do it. Just don't push your body too hard when you're hurting from yesterdays workout!
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have just bought this and some Dumbells.....time to see what it's all about! :glasses:
  • kitty_764
    Options
    If you all don't know about it, a few people started the other day, heres the group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11119
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I attempted it last spring, but I got a really bad cold like a week into it and had to stop and just never got back to doing it. I'm gonna start up again this week and I'm determined to finish it this time.
  • kaylacyr123
    kaylacyr123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I have a question I am interested in doing the 30 day shred and found the video level one on youtube. I am unsure of how it works are you supposed to do a different level every day going from level 1 on? Or level one for a week then going to number 2? thanks!
  • SophieJR
    SophieJR Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    im starting it tonight been loocking at the dvd for a week now and decided ill stop being lazy and start my weight lost goals again
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again tonight... Now if I can finish it this time... that would be lovely. :happy:

Feel free to add me to help me complete it this time around. :glasses:
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    For those trying 30DS on YouTube, you should know that Level 3 glitches, and skips a good portion of at least one circuit. It's not trust-worthy, thanks to that skip. Levels 1 and 2 are fine though.
    I started 30DS again (1st was in Sept 2012) and today is the start of my Level 2. I saw such results the last time I did this, that I just had to give it another go.

Good luck to everyone!
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @kaylacyr123 You're meant to do each level for 10 days although you don't have to do it consecutively to get results (e.g. I get bored so I mix it up with some other exercise and I have a rest day once a week).
  • SophieJR
    SophieJR Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i dunno how its suppose to go specificly but i do level 1 10 days level 2 10 days and level 3 10 days im not sure if its suppose to be done that way
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 day shred on monday. Hoping to drop some inches. Friend me if you like.