Clean-eating food at Trader Joe's

Options
2»

Replies

• Riqtoe
    Riqtoe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I buy my Ezekial Bread there since it is not frozen. I also eat clean so like the others posted the store has tons of "unclean" items. Yes, you can buy all your produce there but it will cost a bit more. My children LOVE the Mandarin Orange Chicken (Frozen), which is a special treat in our house. I only use one pack of the sauce.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Honestly not the biggest fan of TJ's. Lots of tasty processed & canned junk masquerading as "healthy." Lots of their less-processed stuff is still super high in calories and sodium. IMHO their more about convenience foods than health. When they first started it was really novel to get organic anything at a semi-reasonable price. Times have changed.

Where I am TJ's fresh produce section is usually small and unremarkable. But they have lots of pre prepped fruit, veggies, lentils, etc. which is nice if you need the shortcut. Their pre-made soups and salads in the refrigerated section are pretty good. Their nuts and dried seaweed snack are OK. But mostly I get indulgences there I don't particularly consider "clean."
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    90% of my diary is from trader joe's! Before I cut out meat (seeing what affect food has on my cholesterol) I LOVED their Chicken Apple Sausage, it tastes great with scrambled eggs. Their handsome cut fries taste great. I use their fire roasted bell peppers and onions instead of chopping my own. Also their handmade flour tortillas get a top rating in my fooducate app. Also on my grocery list are the reduced sodium pistachios, peach salsa (its great to add to chili's), and their fruit is really good!

God bless,
    Karen
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    they also sell a california protein bread in their store. it reminds me a lot of the ezekian bread but there's like 5-10 g of protein a slice

i usually get
    - frozen chicken thighs
    - reduced sugar rasberry(blueberry or strawberry) preserves
    - tub of greek yogurt
    - cheap fruit and frozen fruit to add to protein smoothies
    - uncured apple smoked bacon
    - canned trout
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Has anyone tried their salsa or hummus?

I love their peach salsa!

God bless,
    Karen
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    roasted garlic hummus
    albacore tuna in water
    organic frozen broccoli florets
    ezekiel bread low sodium
    raw nuts
    steel cut frozen oatmeal
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I buy my Ezekial Bread there since it is not frozen. I also eat clean so like the others posted the store has tons of "unclean" items. Yes, you can buy all your produce there but it will cost a bit more. My children LOVE the Mandarin Orange Chicken (Frozen), which is a special treat in our house. I only use one pack of the sauce.

I've heard their Ezekial bread is quite good. What is it exactly?
  • pink59eldo
    Options
    I'm about 90% clean as well. Besides the normal fruits and veggies, I just went today and I bought dried unsweetened mango slices, coconut oil, Ezekiel bread, green tea and corn tortillas. It was a little tough because the place is soooo busy. I suggest going pretty early that way people aren't waiting for you to pick out whatever you're looking for. Next time I go I'll go earlier and take more time to read labels. Let us know what you end up finding! :)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Could you pick up 2 bottles of Trader Joe's California Estate Olive Oil for me?
    The closest Tj's to me is 3 hrs away.
    Much Appreciated
    :)

You know you can order offline right??

OP- I'd look at their "Better Than PB " spread or even their regular PB and almond butter...

I like there Vanilla Almond Granola Cereal a lot, their cereals in general are great. They have really yummy dressing. Non daity yogurt and ice cream that's really good. IDK about the clean foods there specifically but anything you buy is super yummy!