Bowling Question

We bowled today for 2 hours, BUT I was with a group of 4 other people so is it safe to say I probably bowled about 30 minutes during that time?

Replies

• If anything it's better to slightly under estimate than over estimate. Do you know how long you waited between turns?
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    2 hours = 120 minutes
    you + 4 other people = 5 bowlers
    120/5 = 24 minutes/person
    At least ~3 minutes BSing throughout the whole thing... 21 minutes
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    I cant imagine you burn much of anything with 20 min of bowling, i wouldnt even bother logging it
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Next time, rent multiple lanes and put two people on each. That way, you can do multiple games and really get in a decent workout. It's more expensive...but you'd get to move more. :)

Monica
  • nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm not sure how much waiting time was in between and I don't plan on eating the calories so I guess it really doesn't matter, but it's still nice to remind myself I did something when I look back on today :) I think the formula is pretty accurate - and we walked at the mall for about 30 minutes before we went and did a wii dance game when we got back and I didn't log any of that at all so hopefully between all of that and logging every bite I take I will have burned SOMETHING lol
  • I cant imagine you burn much of anything with 20 min of bowling, i wouldnt even bother logging it

It's still something, I would log it even if it is a small amount.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 733 Member
    The first time I went bowling, I wore my Polar HRM & it recorded that I burned 453 calories bowling 4 of us to a lane for 2 hours, 3 games. Last night, I bowled 3 games again... We took a bit longer, so it was close to 3 hours. But, I didn't wear my HRM. I tried putting it into MFP, but it came up with sone crazy figure like 800+ calories. So, I just used my figures from before. Anyway, having tested it with an HRM, I can say you do burn calories... Not a ton, but for me, about 225 an hour.