I have lost my motivation . . . and now I can't find it.

Options
One of my biggest motivators for getting in shape was the idea of going into the Air Force. I buckled down and did it. Last year I slowly lost 25 pounds, but I have managed to keep it off. Since reevalutating some things over the holidays I'm looking at different career opportunities besides the Air Force. Evidently, none of them are fitness related. Now I'm slacking. I don't have any motivation to fight the urge to eat all the time. I've noticed myself saying "Having that body would be nice" rather than "that's the body I AM going to have". Any tips to help me find my motivation?

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If you go in to job interviews fit and healthy looking you will probably have a better chance of getting the job you want. Also you will feel more confident.
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's tough, for sure.

Well... here's some ideas:

1.) Have you ever been fit? Is it apart of your bucket list? Have you ever had a flat stomach or ripped abs? I sure haven't. And that's why I'm doing all this just because I never had it.

2.) Is there something you want to fit into that you can't?

3.) What if you had the opportunity to be in a photoshoot? Would that motivate you? How cool would that be to capture your fittest self and become a model for a day? Then you get to show YOU off!

4.) Sign yourself up for a 10k in the spring or a marathon. That'll force you to get in shape!

5.) Sign up for Tough Mudder or another related competition.

6.) Try out to be a trainer at the gym. Then you gotta look fit!

I'm sure I'll be in the same boat as you once I get to maintenance mode, but for now, I'm on a drive just because I was always the chubby girl. Once I get in maintenance mode, I'll have to find things, like competitions to keep me going.
  • beezipper
    beezipper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My motivation has changed frequently over years of losing weight. The best motivators (in my opinion) are positive and involve self-appreciation. Or in my case (right now at least), Betsey Johnson dresses. Meditate on your best self and see what image of you comes forward - you now, or you lighter - and then shift your thinking accordingly. It won't happen overnight, but focusing on what you want always works better than focusing on what you don't want (including being lost or confused), even though that negative part of the process is unavoidable.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    it's nice to have motivators, but wouldn't being healthy make you happy!? Think about how much better you will feel everyday from here on out if you commit to making this change! You have to do this for you!!!!!

Go get it!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You are about to enter into the most exciting time of life. Everything is opening up to you right now and the next few years. Independence. New jobs. New friendships. New interests. Everything is going to be brand new and incredible. You don't wan't to be "weighed down" by your weight. You want your energy! You want to feel good about yourself. I know you're feeling at odd ends because your one dream didn't work out, but there's another dream waiting for you! Allow yourself to get excited about al the possibilities that life holds for you!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! There are a lot of great tips in here, and I feel them helping already :smooched:
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    it's nice to have motivators, but wouldn't being healthy make you happy!? Think about how much better you will feel everyday from here on out if you commit to making this change! You have to do this for you!!!!!

Go get it!

^This!

:)