Ladies..what do you look for in a man?

Options
2»

Replies

• BearDreams
    Options
    Big, strong, Handsome. Dedicated and Driven, but gentle and kind. Patient. A little of everything all in one :)
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sense of humor, loves kids, smart with money and responsibly employed, intelligent.

I'm partial to blue or green eyes and taller guys.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like my husband. He is intelligent, creative, KIND, emotionally mature, insightful, perceptive, understanding, hard working, inventive, resourceful, successful, a good father to our daughters, funny, a good dancer, good at conversation, cute, nice eyes, nice leg muscles, strong, taller than me, adventurous, outdoorsy, good in bed. He adores me and loves me. He has stood by me through very tough things and always will.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Looks don't count - but we want someone who is decent health and there are physical indicators for that (no I don't mean 6pack I mean good hair, skin, overall non sickly appearance
    Money doesn't count - but we want a guy who has enough ambition to become something someday, and enough skill and intelligence to be worth passing on to the next generation
    Humor is subjective - What one girl finds funny another finds offensive so it is best to find out a bit about someone before you try to be funny
    Size does not matter - I can't imagine any girl saying, he is handsome, funny, smart, and makes a good living but his thingy isn't big enough. If we are complaining about size it is because the sword wielder didn't swing it right
    Responsibility does matter - If you left your kids when you left your ex then no woman worth having will have you. If someone does accept you it is because she has no sense of self worth. Ladies do us all a favor and don't date men who don't take care of their kids. If we all stopped putting out for losers, the loser pool would dry out pretty quick.
    The way you treat your mom/sisters matters - Your mom should not be so involved that she still gives you baths but you should have regular contact with her and any female siblings you may have.
    Patience matters - We are irrational creatures at least once a month and that is just part of the package. You must have enough patience to take this beating without lashing out or pouting. Consider it partial payment for services rendered.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    This
    tumblr_mfyqadwOPT1rezklso4_250_zps87ce5d02.jpg

Or

tumblr_mbi1q1iwTY1rgdxejo1_500_zpsb523c7ae.jpg

But for real love me some nerdy, geeky guys. That's does it for me...mmhhmmm.
  • Markus_7
    Markus_7 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow! As a single guy (actually on eHarmony), I'm honestly blown away and encouraged by those responses...especially since this site is significantly concerned with looks/appearance. I think physical attraction is important, but honestly as someone who's dated a lot and not found my wife yet, my focus has definitely shifted much more toward overall health and compatibility...Health is multidimensional...so it's really cool to see that so many ladies place less priority on the physical...props to you!

My ex-girlfriend would say to me: "why don't you do some push-ups and sit-ups?" I actually was about 15 lbs lighter and in really good shape- my chest and stomach weren't the buff/6-pack look when we dated, but I was in great shape...since I was running 3-4x per week & playing tennis frequently...hurt my hip so stopped running for past 6 months. I was kind of offended by what she said...I never asked her to do any exercise and she wasn't 'perfect'...and I treated her like a queen & was in love with her. Hence, we're not dating...thank goodness.

Best wishes in accomplishing your goals everyone!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    One thing I learned from my divorce, I CANNOT tolerate a man who is submissive. I don't have any respect for them.
    Body type,.. I'm not real particular as long as he is healthy and shows that he can take care of himself.
    And for the love of all that is good, hold down a job.