View permanent weight loss as a process, not an event.

IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
View permanent weight loss as a process, not an event.

Most great achievements are the result of hard work and a designated plan of action. As they are often time consuming, progress is made in small, purposeful steps.

The same is true concerning permanent weight loss. It's not just going to happen. Through a process you create and execute, you are infinitely more likely to succeed in all your endeavors. Save the "events" for birthdays and celebrations, and view permanent weight loss as a process of making a plan, and then, each day, doing the next right thing.

Action for the day: Today, simply do the next right thing. Whenever you have a decision to make, whether it's what to eat or what to do after work, do the next right thing.

© 2010, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report, How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at www.nawls.com.

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :flowerforyou: I love reading your posts. They are always full of very wise advice. I would like to share them with other Friends sometimes.:heart: Keep them coming!!
  • Love it! Thanks!
  • ehmccoy
    ehmccoy Posts: 2
    I was diagnosed in July 2009 with Type 2 Diabetes. I was trying to keep my food logged along with my daily blood sugar checks on a manual excel spreadsheet.

This website is so much better!! I plan to print off my sheets and show to my doctor at the end of this month. I am down about 25 pounds since last summer and I understand better now that it is about lifetime changes rather than a "diet."

Thank you "My Fitness Pal" for helping me make my changes easier!
This discussion has been closed.