Who Motivates you to get fit?

Options
For me its my family and all of you! But its always tough rolling my butt out of bed @ 0400 to do Insanity for an hour before I have to work a 12 hour shift.

Tell me about the people who motivate you! :)

Replies

• linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    well for me it is my mother, we both are on this weight loss journey together. so even though it is over the phone, we are motivating each other to stay on track :)
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Pictures of myself both fit and unfit (mostly these because I'm not fit yet!)
    Photos of before and after on here
    Particular pieces of clothing that I own that I want to fit into/look good in
    Positive reinforcement from trainer and fellow gym members, though some are a bit too full on! Stalkers!
    Measurements going down

and finally...

Setting a goal and reaching it...current one is a gym fitness competition at Easter...seeing as I'm currently post op and can't train for 2 wks this might set me back but it won't defeat me. I just have to eat immaculately until I can train again!
  • Fat2fitplease
    Options
    The high i get when i see the numbers go down. My kids needs a healthy mom
  • itsdonna35
    Options
    The picture of me that my company has on the corporate website. I'm SO embarrassed of it and I've begged they take it down but they won't. So I'm gonna lose this weight and make them re-take the picture.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the end result that I envision.
    For me its my family and all of you! But its always tough rolling my butt out of bed @ 0400 to do Insanity for an hour before I have to work a 12 hour shift.

Here's your motivation:
    6833002_5726.jpg

:)
  • My granddaughter who just turned one is my total inspiration I put her picture on the treadmill covering up the time so it goes quicker, lol. I want to watch her grow up and be there for her first day of college. Unlike my own mother who only got to see my baby at 8 years old. It works for me!
  • Trent1612000
    Trent1612000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My kids deserve a Dad that can keep up with them and play with them and their friends like the other Dads in the neighborhood.
  • Jwilliams57
    Jwilliams57 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My movation is my health, I have high blood pressure and I want to kick the numbers - My grandkids, I want to live to see them get married and look good being there - and lastly, my boyfriend because when I told him I'm going to eat right, exercise and feel good, he said "yeah right". Soooo before I sign up with MFP I I loss 30 pounds and since I've signed up I loss an additional 5. So right now, he's wearing some egg on his face. :laugh:
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the end result that I envision.

Here's your motivation:
    6833002_5726.jpg

:)

Thx :)
  • JackieCanDoIt2012
    Options
    Duhhh... you do silly! My kids for sure motivate me to be a better mom by setting a good example on a healthier lifestyle.... Luv Ye Charlie!!!
  • AllyLouB
    AllyLouB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's lovely to read about all you other grandparents/parents on a mission to get healthy for your little people.

My motivation is to see our 33month old daughter grow up and have her own family. I want to be able to run around after grandkids one day...I'll be 58 when she's 25yr old..so am trying my damned hardest to provide her with a healthy and active mum until she's a Mummy herself. Am getting teary just thinking about it
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I went to a playpark with my children. There was a climbing wall and I realised, to my horror, that I was too heavy to lift myself. This immediately triggered two thoughts :
    - If the house is on fire and I am unconscious, how is the firefighter expected to lift 200+ lbs to get me out?
    - If the house is on fire, how am I going to get my children out if I cannot even lift my own weight?
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    A combination, but primarily...me. No-one else will shift my bum off the sofa and get me shaking it/squatting it/deadlifting it, so. I've got to want to do it.

My Mum. I had a horrible fear of dying before her of Fat (i.e. heart failure, stroke, anything related to my weight) and her being on her own. All because I couldn't put down the fork.

The Man. He's a stone-cold knockout. I want to be equally as bangin'.

My zumba girls, and the people who attend my class. They take the time to compliment me and talk about inspiration; I cannot and will not let them down.
  • 1. Myself
    2. My husband who loved me fat, and loves me now.
    3. My kids (being fit and healthy to try to be with them for many years)
    4. My kickass friends on here, who have put up with me for over a year.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This man right here.
    tumblr_mbey0i0efm1ri3wyco1_500.jpg
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    1. Myself

Oh, oh. Yes. Also this lady.
  • 1. Myself

Oh, oh. Yes. Also this lady.

I love you Natalie :heart:
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Duhhh... you do silly! My kids for sure motivate me to be a better mom by setting a good example on a healthier lifestyle.... Luv Ye Charlie!!!
    Love ya Jackie! :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Sheer desperation. But MFP and family help keep me motivated.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    My fat pics!