Options

Replies

• sjlapins
    sjlapins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great job!
  • assNtitties
    Options
    You look great! I'm also 5'7" but my goal is 150.
  • mara9999
    mara9999 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments and feedback. :) I'm glad it's helpful to some of the newbies.

Here's a little more about how I did it: I was really good about exercise the first few months. I'd say I used the elliptical 3 or 4 times a week for 15 to 45 minutes each time and went on walks with the dogs. Nothing extreme. I lost most of my weight by the end of October.

I tried to stick to 1200 calories per day, but I went over A LOT. I did horrible during the holidays and quit logging for a week or two, but I got back to it afterward and finally lost the last few pounds.

The main thing is to not beat yourself up when the scale stays the same for a while. Sometimes it was WEEKS between any weight loss for me. Just keep at it, and keep doing your best. I figured even if I went over 500 calories, it was a still a lot less over than I would've gone before joining MFP. :)

Just stick with it and have realistic expectations as far as the time goes. Good luck!
  • DiannaDC
    DiannaDC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome! You look great! My goal weight is 135 and I'm hoping I can reach it this year sometime.
  • mona_patty
    Options
    wow! 20 lbs makes a difference! Great Job girl!!!
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    way to go. you look great and I appreciate you sharing your story
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Dang. I hope my hips and thighs look like yours when I'm done.

Great job!

^This!
  • MaryAnn1113
    MaryAnn1113 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You are a very hard worker and one of my favorite "cheerleader" friends on MFP. :happy: I can't wait to post my success pictures, hopefully 6 months from now!
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look really good!! Thanks for sharing: )
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    you look amazing hun :) grats on all the hard work ~.^" it shows :)
  • aakritik90
    aakritik90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great Mara!! Congratulations.. You deserve it, God knows its hard enough to try and stick with it for all this time!! So happy for you.. Keep inspiring us! =D
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Nice job. Keep up the great work.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Grats! You look fantastic and you were able to keep your sexy curves :love:
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    you look incredible! congratulations ! Where did you get that gorgeous top btw?
  • mara9999
    mara9999 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I got the top at Walmart a couple of years ago. They have pretty cute stuff sometimes!
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I wish I even had your before picture. Bet you are going to make a lot of ladies envious this summer!
  • AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I just joined a week ago and it's a great motivator to read stories like yours! Congrats on your success!!!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!