Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
Here's the receipe:

3 egg whites
1/3 cup of oat bran
1 oz skim milk
dash of sea salt
dash of cinnamon
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder

Whisk it all together, and cook in a pan like a big pancake. Top it with 2 tbsp of nut butter. I used all natural PB.

I used almond milk instead of skim milk, and butter toffee cream protein instead of vanilla, since I didn't have either of those. I think I'm going to try flaxseed meal instead of oat bran next time, but it tasted pretty good, and I was super full when I was done!

Replies

• Sw0914
    Sw0914 Posts: 9
    Options
    Here's the receipe:

3 egg whites
    1/3 cup of oat bran
    1 oz skim milk
    dash of sea salt
    dash of cinnamon

Whisk it all together, and cook in a pan like a big pancake. Top it with 2 tbsp of nut butter. I used all natural PB.

I used almond milk instead of skim milk, and butter toffee cream protein instead of vanilla, since I didn't have either of those. I think I'm going to try flaxseed meal instead of oat bran next time, but it tasted pretty good, and I was super full when I was done!

This sounds fab! Do you have any nutritional info?
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    Here's the receipe:

3 egg whites
    1/3 cup of oat bran
    1 oz skim milk
    dash of sea salt
    dash of cinnamon

This sounds fab! Do you have any nutritional info?

Here you go!

Nutritional Information:

Energy: 281 calories
    Total Fat: 4.7g
    Sat Fat: .9g
    Cholesterol: 7.5mg
    Sodium: 273mg
    Potassium: 235.5mg
    Total Carbs: 31.8g
    Dietary Fiber: 6.8g
    Sugar: 0g
    Protein: 34.3g
    Vit A: 1%
    Vit C: 0%
    Calcium: 15.9%
    Iron: 13.4%
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    The above nutritional info does not include the PB I added, since you can scan the jar of whatever nut butter you choose.
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    Okay, so I tried it with flaxseed meal, and the consistency was better. Instead of making one big cake next time though, I think I will split the mixture, and make two smaller cakes. It was a little dry, and I think it was because the cake was so thick.
  • curleegirl68
    curleegirl68 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've seen different recipes for protein pancakes. this one seems pretty good, I'm gonna try it.