Hey! Uni Student trying to lose weight

Options
Hey everyone! I am a first year student that decided to try and lose a lot of weight, around the 60-80 lbs mark! I realised that the more friends I have on this, the more likely I am to try and stick to my aim! I have anxiety issues too, and from this, I have developed a truly unhealthy relationship with food. So I need advice with that too! Thanks guys :smile:

Replies

• J_Miller2007
    J_Miller2007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to mfp! I am also new to this and a college student. In just the week I have been keeping track of my food it has helped me to realize all the bad things I eat and things I need to change. Feel free to add me and I will try to be as motivational as I can! lol

Jessica
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey! I used to be a college student and I live in Iowa :) I graduated two years ago and look back at my college career and wished I would have eaten better. With that I have managed to change the way I eat and managed and working out with changing my diet both leaned my body out and REALLY helped destress me. I am more than happy to help support, motivate, and give you advice for anything that you'd like. :)
  • lizzieattwood
    Options
    I'm also a uni student in the U.K! Loosing weight is so tough, especially when uni life can be so hectic! What I'm trying this year is me and my friend are doing it together. That way we keep each other going, and a little bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone ;) So if you are really struggling try and find someone to join you. Guaranteed there is someone at your uni who wants to loose weight too.
  • Freefall321
    Freefall321 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I found this website at the end of December, and started to track, but then going back to uni threw everything in the air, and now I have to buy scales for my dorm room so I can keep myself in check weekly!