First cheeseburger in two weeks and now I feel...

Options
like crap!! Physically like crap...

I was prepared mentally to handle how this would bring all my two week streak of veggies and lean meats to a halt. But wasn't prepared for the sloth-like, bloated feeling. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully I remember this! So next time I think I want to celebrate a small milestone I wont want to do it with a cheeseburger lol.

Anyone else have this feeling after cutting out the red meat for a few weeks?

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I felt this way after not smoking then smoking 1/2 a cig
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    All you are eating is meat and veggies and then you ate meat and refined carbs? Are you not constipated? Are you not eating a ton of nuts and seeds for minerals, fibre and healthy fats?
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    out of curiosity, was it a cheeseburger you made yourself or a crappy fast food burger?
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I'm eating carbs! I love bread! I'm just lowering the amount because I find they make me sleepy. When I ate the cheeseburger I ate it open faced.

The majority of what I eat is veggies. I LOVE veggies and I partner that with a lean meat like fish or chicken. I actually go over my fats because fish is so high in fat and I cook with coconut oil and eat avocado.
  • alimarie53
    Options
    out of curiosity, was it a cheeseburger you made yourself or a crappy fast food burger?

It was a crappy burger from Chili's. I haven't eaten there for years and decided to give it a shot... Now I can understand why it's been years.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Nope. Whenever I indulge in a delicious cheese burger it's because I really want it and I am so satisfied after wards.
  • alimarie53
    Options
    Nope. Whenever I indulge in a delicious cheese burger it's because I really want it and I am so satisfied after wards.

I was satisfied for like... the first five minutes lol.
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Take how you feel and write it down. Tomorrows another day. You can do it
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    I had thought that it would be easy to dump fast food, which till this point I have still sworn off, but I stopped last night to pick my grandson up some McDonalds and when that bag of food hit the car I was drooling like a rabid dog!

Why is there days I can barely remember my name but I can recall just about every burger I have ever ate in my life! lol
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i still eat fast food regulary, like once a week, and i dont feel that bad, i do feel bloated but the guilty feeling is more than the physical feeling xD.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Yep, pretty much this. Unfortunately whenever I have a cheeseburger it tastes delish and doesn't stop me from eating another one next time.
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options

Makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE, imo. Fast food burgers are disgusto
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    Ooooh, I'm eating carbs! I love bread! I'm just lowering the amount because I find they make me sleepy. When I ate the cheeseburger I ate it open faced.

The majority of what I eat is veggies. I LOVE veggies and I partner that with a lean meat like fish or chicken. I actually go over my fats because fish is so high in fat and I cook with coconut oil and eat avocado.

Have you tried Ezekial bread? It's a nice, super healthy substitute to the usual.
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    I had thought that it would be easy to dump fast food, which till this point I have still sworn off, but I stopped last night to pick my grandson up some McDonalds and when that bag of food hit the car I was drooling like a rabid dog!

Why is there days I can barely remember my name but I can recall just about every burger I have ever ate in my life! lol

OMG this is too funny but true. I am recovering from the flu and for the past week I have been on liquids and eating soups. The other night I felt so hungry that I had my hubby pick me up a small order of french fries from a local restaurant. Now, I haven't had fries in so long and could barely finish a regular order on my own, but that night I inhaled those things like they were going out of style. (LOL)
  • alimarie53
    Options
    I didn't feel guilty when I ordered it and ate it. I felt bloated and yucky after I ate it.

I think the worst feeling now is after putting the calories into my tracker. YIKES! Hahaha... Oh well. Live and learn. Just adds another reason why I need to think twice (and probably three and four times) before I order another cheeseburger.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    It was a crappy burger from Chili's. I haven't eaten there for years and decided to give it a shot... Now I can understand why it's been years.
    I quit eating at Chilli's many years ago. Mainly because just about all the food there is crappy.
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    hahaha, now that's funny! Does inhaling your food provide better results than ingesting?
    I so know how you felt.
    I'm afraid to start eating fast food again as I'm sure I would be arrested for causing a disturbance at the drive through!
    I can hear the call to the police now, "Yes, Id like to report a crazy guy at the drive through, he's been here 15 times and each time he orders a cheeseburger, throws the wrapper in the trash as he leaves, then drives through again!"
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I've noticed something similar with sweets and fried food. Stomach just doesn't like them and goes on to being upset right afterwards. I guess if it's been a while since you've had such things and you've trained your body to eat a certain way for so long, your body is not probably not going to 'accept' that fatty craving the way it used to.

I like it though because my body is telling me to reject that junk which isn't good for it anyway (no offense).
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    good for you girl! sometimes it takes an experience like this to realize how bad this stuff is for us!

this is a win for you. :)
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Good u feel like that because you will now see why eating good food is far superior. Junk food is not even made of pure ingredients.