Multi-Vitamins

Options
I am pretty sure this topic has been covered, but I truthfully do not feel like scrolling through 60 pages of topics to try and find it.

I have been thinking that I should start taking a multi-vitamin to help supplement and nutritional defects that may occur in my diet. Is this a good idea? does anybody know if the one a day mens is a good one to take?

thanks

on a side note, if anyone knows how to get the weight tracker on my post that info would be appreciated also.

Replies

• kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    MHP Activite fills about all the essentials, it's 4/day. But they aren't horse size pills like some of the others out there.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Eat all your fruits and veggies and a complete balanced diet so you don't need processed vitamins.
  • rymea
    rymea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just replied to another post that asked if vitamins make you hungry. She was taking one a day. Read this. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/744283-increased-appetite-multi-vitamin.html
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    On a cal deficiency I think it is pretty hard to get ALL the vitamins you need. You can look at your log and see where you are coming up short and get vitamins specific to that, or just get a multi. I have no recommendations for a multi for a guy. Women's needs are a bit different.
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    On a cal deficiency I think it is pretty hard to get ALL the vitamins you need. You can look at your log and see where you are coming up short and get vitamins specific to that, or just get a multi. I have no recommendations for a multi for a guy. Women's needs are a bit different.

That is an excuse in my opinion. If you are eating properly there should be no need for vitamins and no one can tell me a pressed and processed pill is better than the real deal.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I take a Supradyn multi-vitamin fizzy tablet in water every morning of my very busy life - it's my Rocket Fuel - and I cannot go a full day without it!

Especially now with a very restricted cals diet, I really need it and would recommend it to anybody on a diet and with a hectic lifestyle!
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin every day in addition to a few other supplements. I eat pretty well, but I can't always know all the vitamins I am getting enough of and the ones I'm not. I have felt better in the last month or so since taking them than I have ever felt and I have avoided getting sick when everyone in my household has been sick for the past month and a half on and off.

I take a women's formula soft chew called Viactiv. I am not sure if they make them for men, but my husband and son just started taking One a Day VitaCraves Gummies for adults.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options

That is an excuse in my opinion. If you are eating properly there should be no need for vitamins and no one can tell me a pressed and processed pill is better than the real deal.

I'm just stating my opinion. I'm not telling you to do anything. If you can eat your vitamins, good for you.
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    plain and simple if you want to know the vitamins you need to be concentrating on, get a blood test to find out. Guessing in the dark, taking vitamins you don't need is only making the vitamin companies rich and is not doing one single thing for your health.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My husband takes a multi. Nature Made Mini's for men. I take Kirkland multi for 50+ people.
  • madmortigan1
    Options
    Hello,

I am really fond of Garden of life, there is a good story behind how it was founded, they have really great products in general and the only one to have Raw minerals and vitamins.

I actually made a review about them if you want to know more about them
    http://gardenoflife.reviews-online.co/

Recommended ones are:
    http://shop.zoe-sanctuary.com/vitamins-and-minerals/men-health/garden-of-life-vitamin-code-raw-one-for-men-75-cnt.html
    OR
    http://shop.zoe-sanctuary.com/vitamins-and-minerals/men-health/garden-of-life-vitamin-code-50-and-wiser-men-s-multivitamin-supplement-240-count.html

Good luck
  • sbauer1221
    sbauer1221 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I personally think most pill form vitamins do not work the best, since only 30% or so are absorbed into the body and the rest turns into the "expensive urine" people talk about. I take isotonic vitamins with a 80-90% absorption rate. I actually feel the difference. A multi, calcium, b-complex. I'm not going to try to "sell them" to you or whatever, that's not why I'm posting this. I do truly believe that they are more effective than your typical on the shelf pill. I've been taking them for years and would not go back to any other type of supplement.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Last year I started taking a multivitamin(natures own) and a vitamin c tablet as well as a spoonful of flax seed oil in my cereal..I used to be always sick..just one of those people. I haven't been sick once since so my doctor was spot on.
    Of course there are people who say you don't need them.
    We are all different.

Only way to know is to try and see if they make a difference or not.
    Good luck :)