What is your favorite low cal meal?

Options
Hey everyone, this is my first post and I'm just really board of the same old meals I eat everyday. Spark up some new ideas for me please?
Thanks!
And congrats to everyone on here for trying to be a healthier person! :)<3

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite is Dave's Killer Bread, 21 Grains. This diet is worth it just for discovering this delish bread! Dense, slightly sweet and very satisfying. 110 cals per slice, but the slices are oversized so I can make a nice sandwich with only one slice. The nutrients stack up pretty good, too.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com has a search feature where you can search for recipes using nutrient requirements. It might help you get new ideas.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Isn't "favorite" and "low calorie" an oxymoron? :laugh:
  • theplatypus
    Options
    I really like a salad made with spinach, lots of veggies, and some sort of lean protein. I recently found out that if I put some type of fruit on top it still tastes great will little or no dressing
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Omaha steaks has some fun & good options. The stuffed sole and some of the chicken is delish. they have complete nutritional info which makes it easy too.
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    HAHA :D It totally is. But none the less, I could rephrase to "Whats your favorite healthy meal?"
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks that sounds perfect! :)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I really like a salad made with spinach, lots of veggies, and some sort of lean protein.

ditto
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A lean steak with steakhouse seasoning sprinkled on, steamed asparagus and a little pepper sauce.
    Good protein and it still feels like a naughty Friday night dinner :)
  • Amy967
    Amy967 Posts: 20
    Options
    PEAS, brussel sprouts, cabbage, lens :D
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    - 2 cups Spinach leaves
    - 1/4 cup feta cheese
    - 1/3 cup craisins
    - 2 tbsp raspberry vinaigrette
    - (optional) 3-4 ounces baked Salmon or Chicken

Toss together and YUM! I could eat this every day. :)
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    broccoli (or zuchinni or whatever veggie) sauteed in olive oil until desired level of done and then some raw shrimp thrown in until done (it's pretty quick). Toss with a TBS or so of basil pesto and chomp down.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Right now it's breakfast: 2 Eggo whole grain waffles toasted, drizzle with honey, top with 1 cut up tangerine and 1 cut up kiwi - looks and tastes like a gourmet breakfast.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I invented a taco egg white omelette that tastes amazing!

Right now, I seem to be all about the tacos, lol!
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites ( i have many!!) is the broccoli and cheese or cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and cheese steamers - like 50 calories a cup with ham chunks or bacon bits over a baked potatoe! soo yummy and easy. whole meal is about 250 calories.
  • DisorderedKittiKat
    Options
    A bagel with a Laughing Cow cream cheese wedge (or two) and milk. Fruit or maple flavored oatmeal with a bit of half and half, tea, and a banana. Cheerios with dried cranberries, shredded almonds, and a sprinkle of brewer's yeast and coffee. I eat breakfast for basically every meal.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I like to take 1 piece of Sara Lee 45 calories delight, 6 slices of oscar Meyer turkey (50), a few jalapeños (3), and a laughing cow cheese wedge (35) and pop it in my toaster oven... 140 calories, BAM!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    My meals never really make sense because I do 20/4 IF so I just eat a bunch of mini meals over a four hour period, but one of my favorite mini meals is plain oatmeal with vanilla protein powder, almond milk, and cinnamon in it with some strawberries or a grapefruit.

Another favorite is tofu shirataki noodles and seaweed.
  • dValkyrie
    dValkyrie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My favorite low-calorie meal is the Shepherd's Pie recipe I learned from the South Beach Diet website.
  • balewis44
    balewis44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love sautéing onions, various colors of bell peppers and shredded cabbage (the kind you find in the section of the store with ready-to-go salads in a bag). I use about a table spoon of olive oil and sprinkle on some crushed red pepper flakes. It's really tasty if you like spices and veggies. When I want to make it a fancy meal, I add shrimp. Very low calorie meal.