Interested in a Walking Challenge?

Options
Hey everyone,
I've been feeling very motivated lately and walking 2-4 miles a day. When I don't feel like going further, I work to break my time on my last outing (I use noon app on my phone to keep track and I LOVE IT).

Anyways, I don't have a walking buddy nearby and am looking for someone other than myself to report to! Helps me feel motivated and lets face it there's nothing wrong with a little heathly competition to push you! I was thinking if anyone is interested we can report what we walked that day, week, whatever or if you improved your times? Just a thought if anyone is intersted please post or add me and we can encourage that way!

Replies

• rebeccalynne15
    Options
    I don't have anyone either (except my almost 2 yr old lol) . I can start Monday and do M-F . I will do it when I drop the kids off at school we have a little lake here in town and one lap around is a mile . I used to do it all the time and haven't in a long time . It'll work as long as its not raining . I'll send ya a friend request
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I prefer classes, but like to warm up on the treadmill beforehand. I get at least 1-2 miles in. Once it warms up here I will take longer walks outside.... Typically 5 miles a day.
  • ckinse1288
    Options
    Yay! Great, glad we have even 2 people! I started this week and am taking today off because my shoes gave me terrible blisters! I'm going to get new walking shoes today and start again tomorrow if I can. 5 miles?! Awesome! This will be a great way for me to push it! I'm excited! Shall we post on here?
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    sure that works for me :) Hi onehecticmom . Hope my little guy is better by Mon. he's been sick since Thurs . I wanna start lol
  • ckinse1288
    Options
    FYi it was too cloudy here in southeast wisconsin today for my Noom app's gps to pick up how many miles. But I did walk 45 minutes, and dang is freezing out there!! I thought about quitting 10 minutes in but I stuck it out! feeling good about that!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. Walking challenges can be very motivating. If any of you are interested, there is a monthly "move your a$s" challenge in the fitness forums. You set a monthly goal and log your mileage. Basically you are competing against yourself. You can walk, run, bike, swim, etc. I walk.

Also, it is a lot of fun to create a ticker to track your progress. You can go to www.tickerfactory.com to create one. I have put mine below.

Best of luck in your challenge!

exercise.png
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in I love to walk and really need to get back into itit. add me as a friend so we can keep up w each other.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    my goal this month is to walk 50 miles by the last day of the month it's the 13th so that's 18days I got this thank you for the motivation
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    FYi it was too cloudy here in southeast wisconsin today for my Noom app's gps to pick up how many miles. But I did walk 45 minutes, and dang is freezing out there!! I thought about quitting 10 minutes in but I stuck it out! feeling good about that!

Great job. Can be super hard to get out there in the cold I used to live in Sheboygan so I know how cold it gets there!.

My daughter ended up getting sick now too , so with two little ones down I won't be able to walk in the morning . Hoping to get a little in in the evening when daddy can watch the kids .
  • zvezda11
    zvezda11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This seems like a great idea! I would be in, but what is this Noom app?
  • ckinse1288
    Options
    This seems like a great idea! I would be in, but what is this Noom app?

The Noom app you can download onto your phone. I'm in love with it, it times how fast you are walking, how far (unless it's too cloudy), and the your time. It'll say it out loud too so you can just keep going without watching the clock like I do on a treadmill. For some reason, I find that I almost compete with the automated voice? Whatever works I guess!
  • ckinse1288
    Options

Great job. Can be super hard to get out there in the cold I used to live in Sheboygan so I know how cold it gets there!.

My daughter ended up getting sick now too , so with two little ones down I won't be able to walk in the morning . Hoping to get a little in in the evening when daddy can watch the kids .

Aw poor little ones! Good luck getting out there, I find mondays are the best days to start!
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    So now I have 3 kids down ;( So instead of sitting here feeling bad I couldn't go out and walk ...I jogged in place and made a little track through my kitchen ,living room and dining room and speedwalked/jogged for 30 minutes ...would've went longer but little guy wanted to try and eat something . But its a start
  • ckinse1288
    Options
    A start is a start! Good job!
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    Finally got to get out and walk this morning...my oldestdaughter had basketbal practice so I took advantage of ttrack . I walked for 45 minutes and actually jogged half the track four times :) Before Icould only jog maybe a quarter. Kids are finally all btter so they will all go back to school on Tuesday . Then I can push the stroller around the lake every morning its not raining :)
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have been putting my time in the gym lately. I haven't been tracking the miles, but will start. I would guess it's been 8 miles this week...
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    Walked the lake today 4 miles in :)