Enough is Enough.... :-(

Options
Hi, 53 year old tired of being FAT and putting on a happy face. I want to do this I need to do this and i am going to do this. This is my year i want to be around to se any grandchildren my sons present in the future and i want to get blood pressure down get rid of pre diabetes and get of the statins. I am a sociable lady with a job that i love. I am prone to binge eating and am getting this under control slowly, i know people say there is a reason that people are fat but i cant think of any other than i eat far to much and dont excersise enoughbut.... This is going to change, hop on board and contact me if you on the same journey we can support one another :-)

Replies

• mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    HI there!! Good luck with your journey. It is a life change that you can do it!! Day by day things will get better!! Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When you say that you love your job, and your user name is Disney12345, I just have to ask - are you a Cast Member? If so, I am too - and I think one of the hardest things with losing weight is working where everyone else is vacationing and cutting loose. Feel free to add me :)
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great site with some amazingly inspiring people. I have been a member since October 1st and have lost 28lbs by changing my diet alone. I love this way of losing weight because for me, it is the only sustainable way of eating. I really can do this for the rest of my life and so can you! Friend request sent.
  • Jennifer217B
    Options
    Glad your here! You definitely CAN do it. There is so much support you just have to ask! Add me if you like. :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Enough is enough! I need to quit dilly-dallying around with this thing and get going!
  • Disney12345
    Options
    Sadly no .... That sounds a FAB job to be doing but I am a Community Support Worker, I work for the NHS (Mental Health) and I do home visits to people living with Dementia in the community, it is such a rewarding job, not always easy but I love it :-)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    diabetes sucks-I have it.......
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and felt exactly like you 12 months ago! If I can be of help and inspiration please feel free to add me. I changed my mindset, changed my life and now I have a new body and a better (physical) life.
  • Disney12345
    Options
    WoW.... you look great you will be my inspiration. I am about the same size as you when you started and would love to be as you are now. Thank you :-)
  • samboarder
    Options
    Hey lovely lady, so pleased you joined up. I am always here for support. You know where I am xx
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat, still am. I'm 41 with 4 children and I want to get healthy to keep up with them and watch them grow up. I started back in July and have lost 59 pounds, almost half way! When I reach my goal weight, I will have lost 130! Strange to think about losing that much weight and its fantastic to have to buy smaller clothes!

You can do this! Stick with it! Most importantly, if binge eating is the culprit, get rid of it completely, don't allow it in your life. Pick up a book, write in a journal, whatever you have to do to stop the binge eating.

And congrats on your 2 pound weight loss, fantastic start!