I'm new here, looking for friendly support

Options
:happy: My names michelle, very nervous , but have decided this is my time. no more weight, would love confidence to grow. Will be a nannie in April for the firstime. Would love to have the energy .

Replies

• barbhale
    barbhale Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too :-)
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Welcome!! Please feel free in adding me as a friend :smile:
  • tiger1194s
    Options
    Hello!

I am Shanna and I am just starting at attempting to get my weight under control. I don't really get a lot of support from family or friends so I am hoping to get it here! Welcome and I hope to be a positive support to other members and receive that in return :)
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    hello my name is Katie. I am on this weight loss journey with you. I would love to support you.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome, and good luck!
  • Ashikata1983
    Options
    Good luck - that goes to everyone!

Feel free to add me! Also to everyone :) I'll be cheering you on.
  • gianamicole
    gianamicole Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone, feel free to add me :)
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm always glad to help.......and anyone can add me if they wish.
  • justinelalalaa
    justinelalalaa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, always need more friends and encouragement :)x
  • nins11065
    nins11065 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new by a few days.:smile: You can add me as a friend if you want to
  • joepayer
    joepayer Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    welcome shelly :) glad to be of any help, it's great here!
  • iowa_girl_1979
    Options
    Good luck! I'm new as well. Add me if you would like!
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone always looking for more support and to offer support to others :D xx
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! add away :smile:
  • genatillman
    Options
    Im new to this also, anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    just at the start of week two--I love coming on here, get motivation when struggling and give it in return!! feel free to add me :drinker: :tongue:
  • liaoprea56
    Options
    I'm new here too! Welcome and remember to take it one day at a time! I started a week ago at 163 pounds and want to get down twenty pounds to 143. I'm finding this site great as it has finally got me keeping a food journal which helps soooo much! I have already lost 6 pounds in one week and that is eating approx 2,000 calories a day. ( But I also take three walks a day with my dog!)

I am not trying to count calories so much as I am trying to just make more healthy choices which will satisfy my hunger throughout the day and keep my energy levels up. I found that some of the foods I ate without thinking were incredibly high in calories, so now I am trading them out for more healthy foods. The journal also keeps me exercising as I try to do more just so I can log it in! I'm trying to give up smoking and I am afraid I will gain weight so I want to have my good eating and exercising habits in place so I will be successful.

One hint that has helped me is that I have given up alcohol completely for a while and also have given up gluten. I eat gluten free breads, rice pasta etc.instead. I am also trying to cut out dairy, corn, processed soy products, sugar , peanuts and eggs because these foods often have hidden properties which cause allergies or keep the weight on. But I haven't been able to cut these out entirely as I do like a bit of cheese once in a while or milk and sugar in my coffee, etc.

This program has made me more aware of how MUCH sugar or High Fructose Corn Syrup there is in most foods we eat. I am a new label reader at the grocery store now and do most of my shopping at Trader Joe's because it's cheaper and healthier!

Feel free to add me as a friend and share your story! :happy:
    ~Lia