51 lbs lost and first plateau....Help!

Options
Hey Everyone,

I've lost 51 lbs in the last 3 months...it's all been baby weight so it has come off really fast.

I still have another 40 to loose to hit my goal weight and in the past week I've been stuck at the same weight. I've been at 1200 a day with little outside exercise (unless chasing 4 kids all day counts?) I bumped my calories up yesterday to a little over 2000 to shock my system and I woke this morning...still exactly the same. It's depressing.

I know I need to start running again and when I do I'll bump it up to 1500-1600 a day. What do I do for now to break this plateau?

Replies

• eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Can't help you with your question...but great loss!!!! And I think running after kids should count as exercise:happy: I will be interested in the answers you get though!!!
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Chromium picolinate always seems to work for me to knock out a plateau.
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What is that? And where do you get it?
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you bump up to 2,000 from 1,200 and did not gain isn't that a good thing? Do research on your BMR AND TDEE. I too plateaued after 50 pounds. I now net 1,500 eating my exercise calories. Add me if you want daily support with this.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I ran into plateaus the entire time. Bumping up the calories seems to help, drinking more water, changing up the exercise routine. Dropping carbs for a little while or adding them back in if you aren't eating them. Anything that is different from what you are doing.

Don't let it discourage you. Some of mine would last 3 weeks or more than I'd drop 4 lbs at once.
  • lovekck
    Options
    Thanks for responding Melo, I will. It looks like we have similar goals...
    In the past when I've plateaued I would eat a giant cheeseburger or something really bad and the next day I would always wake up with a loss. That's why I'm so frustrated. I'm going to go for 1300-1400 today.
  • lovekck
    Options
    Thanks Scarlet!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You say you have been the same weight for a week?? How often to you weigh yourself? I have been at a plateau for 3 weeks and just recently shook out of it by drinking more water and changing up my exercise routine. Lost more than I anticipated once I came out of the plateau and have been steady again. Don't give up or get discouraged - you need to be patient and keep doing whatever you have been doing - it will all come together. Good Luck!
  • LKaye3626
    LKaye3626 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For advice to overcome plateaus join this group today Star moves .

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11189-star-moves-plateau-breakers