Diet Pop

Options
2»

Replies

• Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Up until 2 months ago, I was drinking about 1 diet coke per day. I quit cold turkey and decided I would let myself have the real thing (coke) only once a week. I have to say that every since I stopped, my craving for sweets has gone down drastically. I think it's true - the research that suggests consuming artificial sweeteners can actually increase your craving for forbidden foods, causing you to eat them, and thus, gain more weight. I now drink only water. It took me a while, but believe it or not, I actually crave it. And that's all I want, is water. And my 1 coke per week :) Good luck!
  • wazzanz
    wazzanz Posts: 78
    Options
    Up until 2 months ago, I was drinking about 1 diet coke per day. I quit cold turkey and decided I would let myself have the real thing (coke) only once a week. I have to say that every since I stopped, my craving for sweets has gone down drastically. I think it's true - the research that suggests consuming artificial sweeteners can actually increase your craving for forbidden foods, causing you to eat them, and thus, gain more weight. I now drink only water. It took me a while, but believe it or not, I actually crave it. And that's all I want, is water. And my 1 coke per week :) Good luck!

Good to hear. Water and black coffee. Not really have soda anymore unless i'm having alcohol with it. Don't miss it at all.
  • lmdarr97
    lmdarr97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I have tried more than once to stop drinking pop and each time I have stopped craving pop and actually started craving water. Pop almost taste too syrupie now. So glad that it works this way for me anyway.