gastric bypass patients

Options
Hi ,

I am new to this website. I had gastric bypass surgery almost 2 yrs ago (March 4.2008) . I have lost 130lbs but have come to a complete halt. I still would like to lose another 30 more lbs. I need help and I do not know where to turn, Although I am happy for my progress, I just want to get to a better weight.
Is there anyone else out there that has had the same problem? Can anyone help me?
Thank You

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well, congrats to you for losing 130 lbs!! Doesn't your center offer any type of nutritional counseling, classes or therapy for people that have hit a plateau? I know there are restrictions on what patients can eat and I would think they are the best people to ask. However, I am on a food plan called The Food Lovers Fat Loss system. You can read about it at myfoodlovers.com. I've lost 48.5 lbs following this program since october.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • thart1958
    thart1958 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Although I have spoken to my nutritionist at my doctors office , I did receive much help on getting past this.
    I need a plan to follow and feel "stuck" where I am and so afraid of gaining it all back.
    Thanks for the response.
  • trollorbust
    trollorbust Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had my Minigastric bypass about a year ago. March 13 2009. I started out loosing and now have totally stopped at 40 lbs.. I feel great. I would do it again in a heart beat. I have been stuck for a while now and my dr told me to go back to day 1 and the liquid diet and that would jump start me again. I am not happy about that.. but i have lost a few pounds in 3 days.