Parmesan Ranch Chicken - Easy and Delicious

Options
mgobluetx12
mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
I adjusted a recipe I found on Food.com and came up with this. It only has a few ingredients! Anyone can make this.

Here are the stats:

1 serving - 2 pieces

Calories - 208
Carbs - 9g
Fat - 6g
Protein - 29g
Sodium 429mg
Sugars - 3g

Ingredients:
1lb chicken breasts, cut into 8 even pieces. I actually bought the already pre-cut chicken tenders.
1/2 cup panko (japanese bread crumbs. Almost any supermarket has this)
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Bolthouse Farms Ranch Dressing.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
Cooking spray

Preheat over to 375
Mix together the panko, garlic pepper, salt, and parmesan cheese
Dip chicken piece into ranch dressing and let excess drip off
Dredge in bread crumbs
Spray with cooking spray and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Do not crowd. For best result, use baking rack and place chicken on rack in pan. This will ensure the bottom of your chicken is crispy. I didn't do this, but it still tasted great.

Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!

We normally eat 3 pieces as one serving, but even 1.5 servings is still pretty low in cals. Let me know if you have any questions.

Replies

• FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Do you thin your ranch down so that it'll drip off easier? The ranch I have on hand is pretty thick & I could see a lot staying on there. Which would obviously be quite a bit more calories since ranch isn't cheap in the calorie department!

Thanks so much for sharing your recipe! I will have to try this soon! :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have something similar with Italian style bread crumbs. I've never had panko. How different does it taste?
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You could actually reduce the calories if you made the bread crumbs yourself. I use 50 calories a slice bread (Natures Own Double Fiber Wheat) and one slice makes about half a cup.
  • mgobluetx12
    Options
    Oops, I forgot to include the ranch dressing and I'm unable to edit my post. Dumb! You need to use 1/2 cup of the Bolthouse Farms Ranch Dressing. It's yogurt based, so a ton less calories and fat. I just shake off the chicken a little before doing the bread crumbs, but you could thin it down with some skim milk.

I use panko bread crumbs because they are very large and become crunchy in the oven. Regular bread crumbs would not do this. I don't think I need to save on calories either. This is pretty low already.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Topic edited to include missing ingredient
    _Ben
    MyFitnessPal Fourm Moderator
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    sounds amazing! I recently discovered Panko breadcrumbs and sooooo gooood and crunchy! Thanks for the great recipe!
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump and yum!!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks- the recipe looks good. I have never heard of that dressing before. Hope I can find it :smile:
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! will def have to try, sounds delicious!:happy:
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Somebody posted this recipe for ranch dressing on a different thread. It's very tasty, low cal and thin enough to use in this recipe.

1 cup buttermilk (1%)
    ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (2%)
    ½ tsp onion power
    ½ tsp dried chives
    ½ tsp dried dill
    ½ tsp dried parsley flakes
    Salt/pepper to taste
    A few drops of worcestershire sauce
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Somebody posted this recipe for ranch dressing on a different thread. It's very tasty, low cal and thin enough to use in this recipe.

1 cup buttermilk (1%)
    ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (2%)
    ½ tsp onion power
    ½ tsp dried chives
    ½ tsp dried dill
    ½ tsp dried parsley flakes
    Salt/pepper to taste
    A few drops of worcestershire sauce

Do you know the nutritional info for this dressing? I'm interested in making it to keep on hand & was needing to know how to value it when I track my calories. :)

To the OP-
    Thank you for the ranch info! :) I wrote down the ingredients on my shopping list for this week & really hope I can find the panko and this ranch you mentioned! I'd love to try it for our supper this week. Sounds delicious!
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump for later
  • MishaKudo
    MishaKudo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Going to add the ingredients to my shopping list and try it out. Thanks for sharing~
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mgobluetx12
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I found the Bolthouse Farms dressing at Target, so check there.
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So I made this for dinner tonight, and I have to say, it's fantastic!!!! Even the picky ones loved it. I will definitely be making this again
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    bump in the night!
  • mgobluetx12
    Options
    So I made this for dinner tonight, and I have to say, it's fantastic!!!! Even the picky ones loved it. I will definitely be making this again

That's great! I love it and am excited you liked it too. It's so healthy for you as well. Thanks for letting me know!