Fitbit question

Options
Oh and I apologise in advance for all the questions I will probably have. So I have a new fitbit one (I think). I didn't start wearing it until 3pm so it will probably take a day or 2 to see how it works properly.

My first question is what do you do with you exercise. Do you enter exercise as normal in MFP and does it later on adjust things if necessary. Oh and does anyone use it for sleep. I am not sure if I am going to do this. Sounds like a bit of a waste of time really.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    To track exercise calories with my fitbit, I actually also have an HRM and I add my avg. and max heart rate values into endomondo which gives me (what I believe to be) a more accurate value than what MFP does for calories burned. Endomondo syncs to MFP and fitbit.

I wear the fitbit 24 hours so I can get a better idea of what my total calorie burn is for the day. I also like to see how much I sleep, how often I wake up, etc. I just think it is interesting.

Other people might do it differently, but syncing the fitbit up with MFP as well as an exercise tracker that utilizes an HRM seems to be more accurate than just MFP alone for me.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I just used fitbit orvteackingbwalking and running until I got a HRM. I then used that and added value onto MFP. My weight trainungbimuse the figures from the cardio section for strength training in MFP.
  • kmag1962
    Options
    I do use mine for sleep, it is interesting to see my sleep patterns and I can usually relate back to what has affected them if I do not sleep well.
    I don't bother entering the activity in MFP, if I do anything out of the ordinary I will track it on the FitBit site and that syncs through to MFP.
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    I've had my fitit one since Christmas, and it's amazing!!!

Log everything on MFP and ignore the fitbit website..don't double log as it will mess things up. It's a fantastic bit of equipment when used correctly. I also have a HRM which i use when i actually work out as it will then give me a far more accurate reading of my total calories burned for that day :)
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi

I use my fitbit 24/7 too. I wear a HRM when I exercise and log it through MFP, as with my food and it syncs back to fitbit. I track my sleep too which is usually depressing seeing how many times a night I wake up!

Good luck I love mine have had it for about a year now and its part of me :o)
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There is a fitbit users group on MFP and most of the questions you will have about how it works are answered on this group's forum. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • ardisia32
    ardisia32 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wear my fitbit ultra all day to keep track of my general activity levels, and sleeping. I log my exercise only through the fitbit website. I only log food intake into MFP. I started doing this after reading many of the discussions last fall when fitbit & MFP were having trouble communicating. With the two sites linked, I feel like they offset each others' weaknesses. Seems to be working so far.