Women with double belly rolls...

Options

Replies

• BobbieGG
    Options
    wow... you lost 30 lbs! Congrats. I have 100lbs to loose and am impressed and inspired with how far you've come. I just started this program... so can't give you any advise... just wishing you the best in your struggle!
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What a RUDE, unprofessional, obnoxious doctor! I am not sure about how your body will change, as my own problem areas are different. But I do know that it can only improve as long as you keep doing as great as you have been! I wish you the best, and I think it's very wise that you never went back to that jerk of a doctor.
  • nosillanosilla
    Options
    I've gone from 208 to 165 and I still have the same shape as you, its just smaller. I don't remember having this issue in the 140s so we'll see :) Great job, keep it up!
  • it wont go away but it will just get smaller and smaller.

the only way to get rid of it is a tummy tuck

I will be getting one after I hit goal plus boobs.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    u are not alone, you need to walk, walk, walk and do lots of core strength exercises. Get out and do cardio every day

do not just focus on the diet alone - it is not enough to keep your skin tight otherwise you will need to get all the skin cut off when you have lost the weight
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    those rolls are so annoying!!! since starting 18mths ago i have lost 97 pounds. of that i have lost 36cm (14inches) from my chest ,42cm (16.5 inches) off my "upper roll" and 36cm (14 inches) off my lower roll (hips) so fairly even and still going down steadily. Lots of cardio and upper and lower ab tummy exercises have helped as well as recently a no sugar life style change! so yes it does go down. good luck
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dont' have pictures but my are worse than yours... And I got scars. My stomach looks like a sack of potatoes. Sadly, losing weight just made it worse. my surgeon said I should have plastic surgery next year.

But you know the amazing thing - it barely matters. I am dating an awesome guy and he doesn't care.

I look good - I wear spanks and just own it.

Wow! That takes a lot of confidence! you go girl! and also try heavy lifting! It could help tighten some of those areas!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    chances are that's just how you're built. I've lost close to 120lbs and still have it - probably always will! I'm not too worried about it, my stomach is my least favorite body part, but I can cover it up at all times, so why stress.... and my fiance doesn't care (even though I sometimes think I look disgusting)
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    What an as'shole doctor. I would have given him a piece of my mind. Anyway, I really wouldn't worry about it at all! I have a couple of close friends with the same thing and they told me that first they lost weight and just toned themselves.

First of all, congratulations on losing 30 pounds! Lots of people can't do that.

I would advise you to lose weight until you get to a nice healthy weight. Then afterwards, you should do ab exercises and tone your stomach. Don't worry about it at all until you get to the weight you want to be at. No surgery is needed at all. Some women above said that you need a tummy-tuck or that it stays on forever. Not true. Unless you don't plan on toning your stomach. There may be scars by the end, but those will go away after a while too and don't even look that bad. Just hang on girl! You've come a long way.
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You are doing cardio and weights? There are several sites on the internet that will tell you the best ab exercises to do. I can't believe that these "rolls" will never go away. When pregnant, I gained 40 lbs with both of my boys and was able to lose all the weight and get my stomach back to normal and wearing a bikini with no rolls. All I ever did, back then, was sit ups. I am now 55 and was 197 - have lost 19lbs and have those rolls as well. I started the Jillian Michaels Shred It this past week and will also start doing the ab workouts. I do remember one of the "best for the belly" workouts as being the bicycle. Look that one up, it's a good one. Keep doing what you are doing - add some work outs for your belly and I know you'll get there. Good Luck to you.
  • GraceMercyFavor
    GraceMercyFavor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have similar issue.
  • stepbystep24
    Options
    When I saw your photo I felt like I was looking into a mirror. It is very comforting to know that other people have the same concerns. Congratulations on losing 30 pounds! That's awesome! Looking forward to reading what others have to say.
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    I have the same issue even after losing almost 130 lbs. I do cardio 5 to 6 times a week and some ab exercises. I try not to let it get to me, but since I was heavy for the majority of my life until now, I have to expect to have some skin issues. I chose not to have surgery and will keep up with my work outs with the hopes it shrinks more. Keep up with the great work and you will see improvements along the way. Dont get discouraged and take things 1 day at a time.
  • riksav
    riksav Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, we could be belly twins! I have no pics, but several years ago, I'd lost a lost of weight in a very unhealthy way. I remember thinking, oh my god, my gut is almost completely gone. Then I gained it back and more. So coming from a person with a practically identical stomach who has lost in the past, I would say it's possible for it to go away with work. Congrats on your progress! :]
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with you. I would lose weight and not really see a change to the shape, but I have to say after staying away from a lot of "processed carbs" and sticking with lots of veggies, lean meats,beans, and watching my sugar, I have noticed a difference in the 6 lbs I lost, versus other times when I've yo yo'd at this weight. Diet does so much in getting rid of the "fat" that hides in there. Plus I feel really good, not hungry, and satisfied. I know I might sound preachy, but it is certainly helping me!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You're courageous and awesome. I have very similar issues and am confident that as I get closer to goal I will notice changes there. You've got this, keep your focus on all that is working. It may end up being the last place on your body that changes ... try and be patient with yourself.

AS for the quack/jerk doc.... am glad you left and have you considered leaving a review? There are many sites out there that allow you to leave reviews of the professionals in your life and as a consumer, not only do I try and leave my comments/views both positive or negative but I also seek reviews out to see what others' experiences have been.

...scatter joy...
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I still have what I call a "top" stomach too. It's gotten smaller, but it's there. Since losing weight, it's kind of saggy and floppy. Just need to keep at it I guess.
  • karakreature
    karakreature Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on the 30 lbs.! That came from a lot of hard work and determination. Great job! Second, I really admire that you posted those pics. My rolls are larger and don't think I could have done that. Third, glad you left that doctor, but you should make an appointment with him just so you could punch him in the face for being a jerk! I'm not sure what advice to give you since I just started a week ago. Just keep doing what you're doing and add diff exercises when you're able to. Good luck!!!
  • road2goal
    road2goal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have similar issues. I lost a lot of weight in the past and doing ab work (crunches, planks, Pilates) really helped with toning up my tummies. Cardio alone won't tone it up. Good luck, congrats on the 30lbs already lost, and I gotta give you props for posting your pics. More courageous than me. That's awesome! Also try to make a conscious effort to contract your stomach muscles all day long. Not only will it tone it up but you'll will walk and sit with great posture.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    my stomach is like this. the rolls have been getting better.i still have a long way to go weight wise and toning but i am very optimistic. luckily it doesnt affect my pant size much (im a size US 10/12) and clothes hide it very well which is nice. however, i want it gone but i know it take time and a lot of hard work and plenty of weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!