Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help PLEASE

twin2
twin2 Posts: 404
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
So, I posted in the wrong spot, so here it is again. I have been so consumed by watching my calories, trying my best to stay within limits. BUT, I still didn't want to feel like I am "on a diet". Trying to make it fit to what I like to eat and not having to think about it so much so maybe I could adjust. Well, eating the same things, staying within calorie limits, I have lost a big 4-6 pounds (depending on the day) in almost 3 months. I am really frustrated. I do need help, I am not a big salad fan, I love veggies, but I also love creamy gooey desserts and chocolate - limited, but still. Does anyone have any advise or a 4 x 4 that I can knock myself in the head with? (kidding on the last-I already have a headache)

Replies

• twin2
    So, I posted in the wrong spot, so here it is again. I have been so consumed by watching my calories, trying my best to stay within limits. BUT, I still didn't want to feel like I am "on a diet". Trying to make it fit to what I like to eat and not having to think about it so much so maybe I could adjust. Well, eating the same things, staying within calorie limits, I have lost a big 4-6 pounds (depending on the day) in almost 3 months. I am really frustrated. I do need help, I am not a big salad fan, I love veggies, but I also love creamy gooey desserts and chocolate - limited, but still. Does anyone have any advise or a 4 x 4 that I can knock myself in the head with? (kidding on the last-I already have a headache)
  • Liani
    Liani Posts: 63 Member
    hi :smile: me too i love veggies....
    avoid the choclote desserts..You should eat that when u know u deserve it
    like when u lose 5 pounds and have a lil celebration lol
    Also same here am doing the cabbage soup diet
    but i dont feel am on the diet...
    last weeek i lost 4 pounds by eating cabbes soup and a small portion of
    normal food no grease or fats allow....and i excersise light...
    i was surprise...The cabbage soup
    you could put any veggie u like
    and to give it a good taste put ginger(cut it in medium pieces)
    and salt....if u are bored of it put hot sause(tapatio)and lemon its tasty good:smile:
    yeah it sounds yucky but its not:laugh:
  • Unfortunately, making a lifestyle change takes time. Veggies is a great start, if not a vegatarian, add some turkey or chicken breast and its even better. Chocolate cravings are something I fight with daily, I found that I can eat some chocolate in moderation on a daily basis. I like the 3 Muskateers mint chocolates. Also the Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate, I don't eat the full "serving size" which is 6, I only eat 3 which is about 100 calories and not to bad on the carbs. It seems to "curb" the craving. I have 4 kids in the house so there are always snack foods around, but it's gotten easier not to give in. Stay as active as possible when a craving hits, sometimes just getting your mind on something else helps too. Just keep on trying, it will get a little easier the long you keep at it, and 4-6 pounds is a great start! Don't underestimate the weight you have lost, its working!!:happy:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Have you read the posts from Banks? they are under Newbies read me 2nd edition... The only thing I have cut out is fried foods, I eat a lot of veggies with salad dressing, low cal puddings, fruit , lean meat and complex carbs. After exercising I still have a lot of calories for my dinner ....I'n my experience ,if you limit what you eat too much you will " fall off the wagon" sooner or later , or loose a lot and then you can't maintain it later on. THe best way is to loose it slowly and healthy ( then your body can also keep up with your skin)
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Easy. You're addicted to the wrong kinds of foods.

Stop eating them.

Seriously. Just stop and re-introduce yourself later...otherwise you'll just end up bingeing. :P

Make a list of foods you really like, evaluate the nutrition content and then chart out a meal plan for a day. =)

If you must have chocolate, dry hot cocoa.
  • :glasses:

Weight Watchers Smart One has chocolate eclairs - think they are 140 calories . You will have to allot your caloriesintake to accommendate a small eclair but you wouldn't be depriving yoursellf. You need to stop looking it as a diet - it a life change. Bet when you hear the word diet you are hungry. This is not a diet; it has to be a life change if you plan on losing your weight and keeping it off. If you have consumed all your allotted calories for the day & still crave for something to eat, go for walk - calculate the amount of calories you have burned & then you will be able to eat more calories - after you walk for an hour & see how little amount of caloires you burned, you probably won't want to eat anything!
  • twin2
    Thank you all so much for the info. I have tried weight watchers in the past (for years) I still count points in my head some times :tongue: . Yesterday was a little better day, until last night anyway. I decided to have movie night with the boys since their dad was gone fishing (again). Anyway, everyone have a great day!:flowerforyou:
    :heart:
    Rhonda
This discussion has been closed.