Im new to this...friends needed please!

Options
Hi all
Its day number 1 of a new me Ive decided! I need to lose 60 pounds in 9 months because my daughter is getting married in thailand in september and I dearly want to be able to swim in the pool, ride on the elephants and who knows maybe even go paragliding :-)
I need like minded friends who can motivate and inspire me along the way.....we can motivate and inspire each other :-)

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey...see you on the other side! lol

Replies

• cirsty_x
    Options
    Firstly welcome, ive been on MFP for a while but only just got back into it myself, from tomorrow onwards im going to be on a low-carb diet to help with my PCOS and hoping to regular my periods to get pregnant etc. Your more than welcome to add me as a friend so we can chat and share tips etc. xx
  • taffymangos
    taffymangos Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I have been on mfp for 6 months but only recently started to use the site. It s been great. :tongue:
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hi suz, 42 here with 61 to lose..i just started friday...so very new here as well...feel free to add me...need all the motivation i can get!!
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi , welcome ive been on MFP for about 18mths. happy to be a support if youd like to add me.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. This is a great enviornment to help in your weight loss journey. Feel free to friend Me, I will support you along the way.
  • gettingfitnana303
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me also. I log in everyday and enjoy talking to people. Motivation is a daily struggle for me, so any support I can give or get is great.
  • kslager77
    kslager77 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! :happy:
  • lolo641
    lolo641 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome , I just joined 1 week ago, and I love this site ,( I think I'm accually addicted), I've been on a roller coaster for a long time . I also have a goal for November.It's my husband 's and my 25th wedding anniversary and we have a big trip planned, So the same for me , I want to do things and wear great things , and just plain feel GREAT.. We can do this..
  • RubberTree111
    Options
    Hi Suz,
    I'd love to be part of your motivation team!
    Congrats on your daughters engagement:)
    Way to go for making the changes now, it gets easier!!!
  • zubin14
    zubin14 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi I have been a member since August, 2012. I am looking for friends to discuss weight loss and exercise topics who are professionals as I am. I am a teacher, who finds the work load and stress to be a hinderance in living a healthy life. So, if you are interested, reply.
  • MTjessi_marie
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP, officially beginning my diet tomorrow. Wanting to ditch about 50lbs and hoping I have the willpower to do it. Feel free to add me!
  • stonegatewest
    Options
    Hi - I'm relatively new to this. I'm in Week 2!! I found the food journaling and exercise log are really great tools. I feel so proud of myself when I log in what exercise I have accomplished. The food log was truly an eye opener. When I put down everything that passes through my lips, those bites of this and bites of that don't seem like they're worth the calories they add up to. I have found by simply using the tools that I am making changes in how I eat. I'm looking to rid myself of 40 pounds by mid-June. Hope to talk with you soon! :smile:
  • michaelgilstrap
    michaelgilstrap Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, sounds like an exciting trip you have planned, look forward to seeing you meet your goals
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the family on the up coming wedding. You can do this and there is plenty of support here. I will send you a friend request and if anyone else is looking for support im a great motivator so just send the request
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome its a great site, everyone is very helpful and motivating. Feel free to add me as well. Together we all will do this
  • piglet933
    Options
    Hi Suz

This is my first post - my goal is also to lose weight by September - I have set myself a smaller and hopefully more achievable goal of 20 pounds so far (but not fooling myself - need to lose twice this amount!)

I live in the UK but will be spending 3 weeks in LA in September and need to look much better against all those slim beautiful people out there.

Sue x
  • fortypoundloss
    fortypoundloss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too. I have about 40 lbs to lose, and no set date in mind.
  • xNickie
    xNickie Posts: 49
    Options
    I've also got 60lbs to lose, feel free to add me! :smile:
    Best of luck!
  • alanimami
    Options
    Hi Suz!! im new as well and know i'll need support as well.. we can motivate eachother!
  • fortypoundloss
    fortypoundloss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find my work also is a hindrance. After spending all day in front of a computer, interrupted a million and one times by people interrupting my work, really stressing out about the nature of my work, I just want to snack. I use food as a reward at times.