Insanity

Options
2»

Replies

• fuuqit
    fuuqit Posts: 3
    Options
    One of my friends is currently doing it he dropped 15 lbs and gained 3 lbs muscle in 30 days. Its working I wanna jump on it now
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    well folks.....Ive started it! Did the fitness test yesterday and boy was that hard! Just finished the first workout and I am amazed at how much I sweated! Im already feeling a bit stiff....Im looking forward to tomorrow and wondering what it will bring!
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great job each day will be challenging in itself, but keep it up and you will see results, and it will become easier! :O)
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    I dont know if I like it or not...not because it's hard but I actually miss using my weights! I'm wondering whether this is the right program for me? I dont wantr to lose much weight (about 2 or 3 lbs) but what to tone up. With 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30 I have finally goth definition and want to build on this. Im thinking Insanity is just about fitness???? Any advice???
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    When they named it Insanity, they must have had a board meeting:

"Hey, what opinion would you have of the person who willingly submits themselves to this grueling workout?"
    "Well, I've seen the videos, and I would have to say that the person suffer from some form of insanity."

"Holy crap, that's what we'll call it.......Insanity.......we'll pretty much dare the customer to buy this."

On a serious note, I am 2 days into the 2nd week of Insanity. I have worked though it before, about a year ago. It is a beast of a workout. If you ever wanted to see what it feels like for your buttcheeks to ache, your butt muscles are just one of the many that will feel the pain.

Continuing my serious note, although I proclaim the pain you will endure, you will get what you put into it.
    If you half-*kitten* your way through it, expect half-assed results. If you bust your *kitten* and push yourself, expect the best results possible.
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's about cardiovascular fitness but you're gaining lean muscle mass when you're doing it. Shaun T is always telling you "KEEP YOUR CORE TIGHT!" for a reason, keeping your core contracted tones those muscles while you're banging out the cardio. You're using your own body weight to tone up and get definition. That's why your shoulders scream when you're doing the upper body portions and your legs and butt feel so tight after just about everything. Trust me, you're getting all the muscle work you need to tone up. Bulking up, probably not so much on this program. But you'll get crazy good definition from building lean muscle while dropping body fat so you can see those muscles instead of being covered by a layer of fat.
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It works out and you will build muscle, just because you do not pick up weight doesnt mean your not working parts with weight. This system is set up to use your body weight so it is a constant... It does work and it will tone you up ALOT! Keep at it, youll love the results. I would say make sure your eating lots of protein while you do this program, that is what will help you build lean strong muscles! I started with a simple vanilla protein powder and it works great!
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking time to reply to me guys. I really do appreciate it! I WILL stick at it and i WILL push myself every session! :smile: