Realistic or not?

Options
realistically does anyone think i can lose 20kg (44lb) by June 20th? Or is that way too high to aim for?
im happy to give myself a year but wow if i can knock it over before i turn 30, that'd be great!

Also i'd love to have some new friends! Please add me!

Replies

• disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What do y'all think?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    A good weight loss would be 8 lbs a month.....so, 40 lbs in 5 months is really optimistic. I"d shoot for 1-2lbs a week.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'd say 30 MAYBE but the body isn't a calculator and weight loss isn't linear. Just get going and don't look back.
  • disawell
    Options
    Good to know. I am losing OK so far and intend to keep it up and don't want to set myself up to fail. If I even say 10kg (22lb) by then I will be stoked - but at the same time I want to not set the bar too low.
  • disawell
    Options
    Should I be aiming for 10-15kg loss?
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Why must you set a specific time frame? Just set an ultimate goal and celibrate each 5 lbs as you go
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you have to lose in total. If you have a lot to lose you might shift two pounds a week, dropping to half a pound a week by the last few pounds. IMO aim for 44 pounds in 44 weeks maybe adding a few weeks for holidays and vacations.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i think it's pretty realistic! just go hard and aim for it, and the more weight you lose then awesome, if you dont reach exactly 44lbs, then at least you lost some weight along the way
  • disawell
    Options
    I find I just stay more motivated when I have a date in mind (i just got into a bridesmaids dress!) I want to be going great guns for my big 3-0 birthday! LOL but it's not set in concrete.
  • disawell
    Options
    Yeah I want a few days off (lol not a week again though!) at easter LOL who can resist all that chocolate and hot cross buns :):) But I really have found so far that by tracking I make better choices 80% of the time so the 20% doesn't ruin it all! Seems to me if I stick with the clear spirits etc then I gain less or none as opposed to wine and stuff too. I'm not going to deprive myself, just be sensible! Otherwise I can never stick to it!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I think you could do it but it's not likely...keep in mind the week you are on your period every month. Little to no weight loss then. So even if you lose 2 pounds a week the other weeks, that's still only 6 pounds a month. June 20th is a little over 6 months away, so maybe you could lose 36 pounds.
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It is doable. My goal is 1.5 lbs a week. Next week is my 6 month mark and I have lost 34 lbs. So, as long as I lose 2 more lbs this week I will be at 36 lbs. Average of 6 lbs a month. I had some cheating times and I had halloween, my birthday, thansgiving, Christmas and new years in those 6 months. ugghhhh! If I would not have had those holidays I could have done better I am sure. If you are dedicated it is totally doable.
  • wonderwomn27
    wonderwomn27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i think yes u can,,anything is possible ,,,i would love 2 have u as a friend
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It's possible. You know what they say: shoot for the stars.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes if you start to log more and eat more.
  • disawell
    Options
    @Supplemama - that's a really good point. I fight with that a lot as i have shall we say "plumbing problems" which mean aunt flo visited for 35 days last month :( I still managed to lose though just gotta be super strict!! Too bad it makes me hungry!!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Possible. I lost 25kg my first six months. (I started at 137kg so a lot to lose) I've set really ambitious targets but haven't been upset when I haven't hit them (I wanted to be at 90kg for my 29th. Six months later I'm 97kg. Lol)
  • disawell
    Options
    That's still a pretty respectable loss! Don't be too hard on yourself
  • disawell
    Options
    I shall be stoked to be 97 kg which is just under 10kg away for me. I do not remember ever being under 100 and well (I was about 90 full term pregnant but thats another story)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Why must you set a specific time frame? Just set an ultimate goal and celibrate each 5 lbs as you go
    Actually setting a specific time frame for a realistic goal is fine. If one doesn't, then they will take all the time in the world to do something.
    Kinda like if you live by Disneyland and have never gone because you believe you have lots of time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition