Looking for others in the 1200 calories goal range

Options
I'm 5'4'' and at 177 lbs. I've been bigger from pregnancy and I've been lots smaller. I've found 150 is about my ideal weight.

My goal is maintaining the 1200 calories a day to kick some of my extra weight I've gained in the last several months. I've made it work so far with keeping within my calorie goal of 1200, but it's been a journey...some days have been easier than others. It's only been 10 days but I'm determined!!!

Looking for others in a similar situation, to help motivate, inspire, share ideas, entertain, etc, etc.

Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Sayrawr91
    Options
    I'll be sure to add you, i'm in the same range of calories :D we can try motivate each other :P
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 5' and in the 1200 range.
  • aniucha
    Options
    You can add me too! :) Just joined mfp today. I'm in the 1200 range.
  • nicbutler
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 plan and looking for friends to follow! Please add me! I love checking out others food diaries for ideas! ;). I've lost 53lb over the past year. Running, yoga, and making good choices. ;)
  • lifemorelively
    Options
    me too! I'm 5'2".
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me too! I'm at 1200
  • Cannady81
    Cannady81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im eating 1200 calories a day also. u can add me
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I need friends too. You can add me. 5'3 154 pounds. Need to lose at least 25
  • Missfitz1967
    Options
    I'm in!
    :wink:
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    I AM THERE
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I added you : ) I'm 5'2 and am in the 1200 cal. range. I'm finding green monster smoothies are awesome to get my fruit and veggie intake in! Also fast and easy on the go!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I started out at 198 in July and now I'm 129 :) been doing the 1200 since I started here in Aug. Some days have been harder then others. I wish you the best of luck, you can do it!!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You probably can eat more than 1200 calories in a day. That is the minimum that is recommended for a woman. I would suggest finding out your BMR and TDEE and eating between those. Good luck!
  • janeloveshawaii
    Options
    Me- 5'2" and looking to lose about 10 lbs. Would be happy with 5, but ultimately would be delighted with 10 :) I'm on the 1200 calorie too - just started today (after eating a boatload of popcorn - sigh). Tomorrow's a new day!!!
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's me too
  • BethLynn2018
    BethLynn2018 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 also & 178 pounds. So we're pretty much in the same situation :) my calorie goal is 1,200 so even better!
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Meeeee tooooo! I'm 5'2 and 160 ---not that I own a scale. But yeah, you can add me!
  • rsdisney
    rsdisney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think almost everyone ends up in the 1200 calorie range. Everyone I work with signed on after I told them about this and that was their Ideal calorie goal too.
    It's easier than you think. Just takes a lot of self control. I find eating a light breakfast and a salad or "smart one" for lunch and then a good dinner works best.
    If you need to snack, make it healthy. Fruits and veggies work great.
    Hope this helps.
    I've already hit my first goal, heading towards my second...
  • BrandieBenoit
    BrandieBenoit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me too. Im 5'3" and on the 1200 a day calorie diet. You can add me.
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Count me in!