12 Weeks of Stronglifts: Still a woman! Lotsa pics.

Options
2»

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Nice going Lorina! Very nice : )
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Great work! I just started doing weight training and I can see some difference in my muscle structure after two months.
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    I know! I was a powerlifter and I liked getting kind of bulky but toned. I hated how girls would only lift the "baby bar" it was about 15 pounds I think. It drove me crazy because they didn't want to look "manly". -__- Pure ignorance. You look great!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Great job! Maybe it's just the way you're standing, but your thighs look much slimmer to me. The oh-so-coveted "gap" is bigger.
    Congrats on your progress! You look amazing!
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Dang! U look smokin hot and fabulous! Love those abs tnx for sharing
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So inspirational. You look so feminine, yet strong.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody!

I'm really amazed at how little I've changed... it's almost depressing. :laugh: That I've worked my *kitten* off to look pretty much the same. When I'm dressed, no one can see that my waist is a little smaller or that I have more definition in my legs or abs.

But it's about MORE than just appearance. I'm 40. I'm at an age where women start losing muscle every year. I'm also on depo provera, which can affect bone density. Lifting is like making deposits into an insurance policy on my future health.

And there's little things, like the other day I was rearranging furniture, and was able to move my dressers without taking all the drawers out first. I was able to lift my husband's very heavy solid oak antique desk - with his computer still on it - enough to put those moving sliders under it. I would have had to wait for help before. Ditto for taking the air conditioners out of the windows.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I can hardly wait to get lifting more. My trainer has me lifting a bunch in addition to balance and strength exercises but I'm still rediculously out of shape. Thank you the inspiring post!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Resurrecting this thread to hopefully encourage more women to lift heavy for life.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Resurrecting this thread to hopefully encourage more women to lift heavy for life.

Great Idea!! So inspiring!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Your waist and abs look especially different!!!! I do see that your legs are firmer too!

Thanks so much for posting this... I LITERALLY did my first Stronglifts workout A TODAY!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody!

I'm really amazed at how little I've changed... it's almost depressing. :laugh: That I've worked my *kitten* off to look pretty much the same. When I'm dressed, no one can see that my waist is a little smaller or that I have more definition in my legs or abs.

Its probably because you didn't have any weight or much body fat to lose !! Someone with more excess fat would look more different 12 weeks later!

I'm softer that you are in your before photos, so I might lose more fat

Well done thoughhhhhh x
  • chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! I will continue to preach to wife, sisters, & all the other important women in my life that lifting will not make you She-Hulk. Thanks for proving it! From this guys point of view - Yep, all woman :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration on days when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to lift :grumble: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!