Stop Freaking Out About Going Over Calories

Options

Replies

• jhunter321
    Options
    How do you get that option on the website? Do you need a iphone for it? I NEVER realized you could look at it week by week.

It's the iPhone app. Although I think there is a droid app too.

Damn it, as the last surviving blackberry user I'm foiled again!

This just cracked me up, I needed a good laugh. Darn blackberry! lol
  • SkinnyKitty4356
    Options
    MFP has it under Reports --> Nutrition --> Last 7 Days, but I don't like the layout, and it doesn't show your average at the end of the week. The phone app is just easier and prettier.

I respect those who like to stay within their daily limit, and really, we all should. This is just for those people who seriously flip out because they ate a donut and went over by 300 one day. ;)

It may not be as pretty, but you can also check your calories burned during the week and over-all progress for up to one year in the past (if you've not been on MFP that long, it'll just be blank until the point you started, I believe).
    I would like to see it improved to show the net calories over or under for the week, as well as the graph, though!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've been over every day this week... Why ? Because 3 weeks ago I broke my foot and now that it was confirmed via X-ray, I can't exercise and my body is just always craving food.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've been over every day this week... Why ? Because 3 weeks ago I broke my foot and now that it was confirmed via X-ray, I can't exercise and my body is just always craving food.

I hope your foot heals soon. Even if you're over, you're probably still at or under maintenance, so you shouldn't gain any weight. :)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I track my calories by weekly average! Also, can we PLEASE get a way to see this on the regular site?!

I have the app on my iphone but it seems like a no-brainer that you would be able to do the same thing here.

You have access to the reports on the website!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How do you get that option on the website? Do you need a iphone for it? I NEVER realized you could look at it week by week.

Upgrade to the latest model - the blackberry keytone, works much better than the raspberry keytone....
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have a dumb phone, I have NO apps. But, I still track my calories by week. I start my week on Monday. If I'm under that day, I the notes section on Tuesday to keep track of those "unused" calories. At the end of Tuesday, I look at my net, then plus or minus from my "bank" of calories from Monday. I put the net number of "banked calories" on Wednesday, and so on through the week.
  • sweetcherrylove
    sweetcherrylove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think if you go to "reports" then select one of the three you would like to look at (Nutrition, Fitness, progress) that might give you a bit of info?
  • CHexham
    Options
    Nope, still ONE MORE BB out here. And I will win. Seriously, though, go to BB App World or the App section on MFP and you can load a BB App.

The post regarding weekly counting has great value and it's a good reminder to not freak out on a daily basis.
  • steamingcoffee
    steamingcoffee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I definitely needed to see this tonight. Made me feel so much better!
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You are right. You are doing "calorie cycling" without thinking about it and when you don't eat the same amount of calories weekly, you do see results.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Thanks for this!!! I just looked at mine and granted I have 2 more days to go.. but mine says I am 5278 Net Calories Under Weekly Goal! WOW
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Crud. I hope they add this to the website. I want to be less connected, not more, and will probably go off the grid and internet before I get data on my phone.
  • kats3boys
    Options
    On the web, on laptop/ computer etc. Go to the top of the page where it says My home/ Food/ Exercise/reports/apps/community
    Click on Reports, click on nutrition and select how days you want to see the average of. It will then give you the same graph.
  • AMS44067
    Options
    I started January 2nd, and I never went over my daily calories. If I do it once, I will do it again. I want to lose "only" 10 pounds, and it is hard enough, since I am not really overweight. If I allow myself to slip I will never reach that goal.
    Once I decided to lose those 10 pounds I promised myself absolute discipline, and I stick to it, no matter what.

I do not eat anywhere but at home (I am not working), everything is homemade. Once I reach my goal I will set myself another goal for losing maybe another 5 pounds or so, that's when I will allow myself to eat out once in a while, but nothing like fast food or big meals in a restaurant, but maybe a Subway or something like that.

But I have to admit that I was never really overweight, the 10 pounds are the result of a medical problem I had earlier last year.

I have been a Weight Watchers member years ago, but I only joined for my husband, because he would not have done it without me.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the report on the website isn't as clear since you have to figure out the average manually, but it does give you a good idea of how much room you have by the end of the week. I am never, ever, ever over my weekly calories, even if I have a couple days where I'm over.
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY....as long as you don't make a habit of going over it is fine! It will balance itself out ...no biggie. I have days where I'm under (like today by about 300) and days that I'm over. Plus with workouts it's really not something to panic about. :tongue:
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options

*last 2 surviving* I still have a blackberry. haha.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Thanks for this!!! I just looked at mine and granted I have 2 more days to go.. but mine says I am 5278 Net Calories Under Weekly Goal! WOW
    That does also include the two days to go - don't get yourself OVER excited - but yes it's good :)