to those who love breakfast but want the lighter side:)

Options
2»

Replies

• amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That is one thing I do not understand sometimes about MFP. Everyone can be so helpful and uplifting in one post and then rude and snarky in another.

Maybe the OP does not like egg yolks. Maybe OP is allergic to egg yolks. Maybe OP doesnt eat egg yolks because of cholesterol issues. Who knows? Maybe the OP does not eat the egg yolks because he/she wants to eat salami because they like the taste and for them it is a good tradeoff of their calories.

The OP was not asking for advice, only offering up a recipe for a breakfast that was low "on the ligher side."

If it does not sound good to you or you do not want to eat it, why do you have to put somebody down for their choices?
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    eat eggs "as god intended". they are super yummy, big part of protein is in yolk. i have been doing it that way all my life! and hasn't stop me from achieving my goal weight.
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why have a snide dig at someone for sharing their recipe? If you don't like it, don't eat it.- simple Some people are just mean spirited I suppose.
  • Shelly_here
    Shelly_here Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recipe sounds delish!
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    im in england and struggling to find egg whites in any supermarkets, any ideaS?

Waitrose :) I'm not a fan of the idea of them...they must be full of preservatives surely??
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes! I always have 3 eggs (whites only) and one egg with the yolk. Inside I put avocado, spinach, tomato, salsa, non fat cottage cheese, and sometimes some cayenne pepper. :D

i just have 3 eggs full stop in my omelettes! with cheese and mushrooms usually, nom nom!

That sounds good!!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Waitrose :) I'm not a fan of the idea of them...they must be full of preservatives surely??
    Apparently not. Though unless they were actually 'full' of them rather than full of egg whites with a little bit of preservative, I wouldn't have a problem personally.

This is the ones they sell in sainsburys:
    http://www.twochicks.co.uk/our-products/benefits/
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Love salami in eggs :wink: Also Taylor ham was a favorite growing up and just found it again. I'm willing to give up the calories in the yolk for calories in pork anytime:drinker: Adding banana peppers is an interesting idea. Thanks!!:bigsmile:
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like to have 2 toasting waffles, Canadian pure maple syrup and fresh strawberries. 317 cals :tongue: nom nom nom
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    im in england and struggling to find egg whites in any supermarkets, any ideaS?

I'm from England too, we have a really really big sainsburys superstore near me and they sell cartons of egg whites in the section with milk. :smile:
  • runningwild00
    Options
    eat eggs "as god intended". they are super yummy, big part of protein is in yolk. i have been doing it that way all my life! and hasn't stop me from achieving my goal weight.

chickens made my eggs
  • tinadaybreaker01
    Options
    Well said!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Instead of putting people down for their input (ideas), why not be a contributor to the topic at hand?

Because I'm British? :-) Hunger making you scratchy today?

Okay so I love no added sugar museli with fat free fromage frais. works out about 220 calories and full to the top after a nice cup of tea!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I like to have 2 toasting waffles, Canadian pure maple syrup and fresh strawberries. 317 cals :tongue: nom nom nom

That sounds DELICIOUS! Can you get toasting waffles from the supermarket (excuse my ignorance!)
  • mello93
    mello93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dovetail22uk, I'm sure being hungry is not the reason/excuse you were called out for your bad etiquette. Just like being British is not a reason/excuse for your bad manners and rude condescending post.
  • mommytomyah
    mommytomyah Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great Post. MFP is here to help uplift people and give support. Let's all do just that and offer support :-)
  • dorihinkelmann
    Options
    I fry the yolks up for the dog and cats...they luv em...
  • seresha
    seresha Posts: 65
    Options
    I really don't appreciate being treated rudely for a recipe thay I thought id share with everyone that I enjoy. And for those who are stating that the salami is that bad, it 110 calories for five slicea so there's that. To the women who became snide right off the bat, I'm sorry that you feel the need to be rude to someone that was never rude to you. To those who stuck up gor me, i give you the highest gratitude, thank you for showing kindness:)

And all togeather the omlette is 225 calories of I remember correctly
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    That is one thing I do not understand sometimes about MFP. Everyone can be so helpful and uplifting in one post and then rude and snarky in another.

Maybe the OP does not like egg yolks. Maybe OP is allergic to egg yolks. Maybe OP doesnt eat egg yolks because of cholesterol issues. Who knows? Maybe the OP does not eat the egg yolks because he/she wants to eat salami because they like the taste and for them it is a good tradeoff of their calories.

The OP was not asking for advice, only offering up a recipe for a breakfast that was low "on the ligher side."

If it does not sound good to you or you do not want to eat it, why do you have to put somebody down for their choices?

^This! :angry: Sadly, this Community Forum seems to be too full of snarkiness lately.

Seresha, I like the idea of adding hot peppers. Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • bpauntie
    bpauntie Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I totally agree with you. Don't like it? Zip your lips and move on to another topic. Unfortunately, this happens on any forum you find on the internet.