2013 Cork Ireland - Lets do this together

Options
Hi I'm Mark, 38, father of 4. I'm your typical Operation transformation type candidate- Overweight and my will power seems to have faded. I have it in me to lose weight & get fit and I've started with good intentions so many times only to slip back to the way I am. I'm going to give this a shot so please join with me and maybe motivating each other might help. Male or Female welcome. I'm 98.5 kg or 15st 7lb and I would like to get to 88kg 14st (like I was up to the age of 25!). I'm not into fad diets or myths just eating healthy, eating less & exercising more.

Replies

• Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!

I'm Liz, living in America but from Dublin so I've been following Operation Transformation a little online :)

Log your food and exercise every day... it'll be a real eye-opener at first and then it'll just become habit.

Best of luck! Add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • mctrigger2011
    Options
    Thanks Liz,
    I'm feeling positive about it. I know there will be days when I won't feel positive but those are the days when I've got to focus real really hard.
    Mark.
  • MusicalGoddess
    MusicalGoddess Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Mark. I am Steph from Canada. I share your exact story. But this is it. This is our time. We owe it our ourselves and the people around us to be the healthiest we can be. :)
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi Mark ,

I'm not a fan of Operation Transformation but I am a fan of this website. I've been on here a while, had some success and then fell off the wagon. I'm back on with a vengeance now though.

Best of Luck
    Phil
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Same weight as of today.. 213-216 stuck.. want to get to 195..
  • mctrigger2011
    Options
    Keep at it. It will take time for you body to adjust.
  • pirateteacher
    pirateteacher Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You pretty much told my story. Let's make it for real this time! Hang in there!