Addicted to food

Options
Some people say it's not possible. But it is! If you love food enough? And 90% of the time you think about food? And what makes you happy again is food? If when you're eating food and talking about other food you want right then? Unless that's really just not the food you want, YOU'RE ADDICTED.
I'm addicted.
A lot of people on here are.
If we weren't? We'd be losing weight right now and MAYBE you are! But I'm not and others aren't.
But as we all know, addictions aren't good. Some people say, being addicted to drugs or alcohol is worse and maybe in some cases it is. But food? Destroys confidence if you overeat and gain a bunch of weight. Unless you just like to be big and believe it or not, there is some people that love being huge. But me? I' m not one of them. And not only is it bad for the weight gain but your health depends on it too.
I mean, diabetes and every other thing.

Thoughts?

Replies

• YLo0805
    Options
    I SURE AS HELL AM ADDICTED TO FOOD I FREAKIN LOVE FOOD LOL...:devil:
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Yes, without food I would die
  • Kristene1971
    Options
    I think it's a lot to do with your mind set. People turn to food for many different reasons ie: boredom, troubles, sad, sick etc etc etc. Making your mind up is half the battle. Determination is a major factor to weight loss but, addicted to food? I don't think I'm addicted. I just didn't care for a while and let myself go (again mind set) and now I'm having to work really hard to get it off.
  • Gweno55
    Options
    I'm addicted to certain things. I'm really a pizza, french fries lover. They are my downfall when dieting!!! Try my best not to be around them, becasue I know I'm going to cave.
  • skeefer13
    Options
    There are several studies that have shown that the chemicals and additives used to process our foods are actually addictive. I agree that it is primarily a mind set. BUT... ever get a headache from not having your caffeine? That is a withdrawal symptom. Mind over matter when it comes to food. I have yet to master not being able to walk away from those foods that "comfort me", but I am working on it.